What Does Cycling Mean To You?

Kiwi

I'm working with a group of friends to organise a small fund raising event for an 11 year old boy in need of a tandem bike.

Now before you stop me right there, I'm not looking for money from any of you! What I am looking for though, is a few quotes from avid cyclists about why cycling is so important to them. I couldn't imagine my life without a bike, and I'm sure you guys feel the same.

The boy we are helping was born with retinoblastoma, a form of eye cancer. He has recently become completely blind at the age of 11. He has done bike ability training on a tandem, and enjoys riding, but his family can't afford to buy one themselves. I will be writing to my sixth form's head master and in the schools news letter to get the go-ahead for a non-uniform day, where everyone brings in two pounds to put towards the cause. I want to include in the letter some quotes from avid cyclists, and I'm turning to you for help!

So, what does cycling mean to you? What do you love the most about biking?

If you would be kind enough to take a moment and leave a message, not only would I be much obliged, but you could help make a huge difference to a young boy's life.

Thank you.

So, what does cycling mean to you? What do you love the most about biking?

To me cycling is a form of escape from everything, problems college, work anything that in one way or another has the potential to cause me hassel. As well as this it also offers a chance to sort these issues due to having no distractions other than the bike which is one of my very favorite things about biking. :)

Ashes.

Again, a good way to get away from everything. I can think of more than a few times i've had a lot on, got on my bike, met some good mates (this is also another, the best thing about riding for me is who i've met) and completely forgotten about it all for the day.

I like bikes.

Poor child, must have been growing for a wile for it to cause blindness :(

normally we see children with this its a simple referral and 98% is sorted.

Anyway to ride my bike is complete freedom, i can forget all my troubles and relax its switch off time!

I like doing skids.

Always one, haha, didn't expect it to be you.

The adrenaline from doing something new or even doing something wrong makes me feel like nothing else can. (Well nothing else you can do on your own.)

It pushes me to try new things and makes me focused. Cycling has motivated me to do many things, even making me determined to follow my career path.

I've always liked the no rules to it and being able to ride however I want. Not a lot of other sports actually give you that freedom. Also being able to do something that shouldn't be being done, the inventor of bikes probably never intended on the being used to jump off roofs and up rails, there's always the people that think about things differently.

It actually completes me! haha

Cycling, without it i would have no job, (im a mechanic) lol

and it give me a day where i can do nothing but ride, and not worry about the sh*t that goes on in the world, or any issues im having!

Plus just landing that sick gap. or massive sidehop, or even the smallest little random new trick give you the buzz we love!

Again, a good way to get away from everything. I can think of more than a few times i've had a lot on, got on my bike, met some good mates (this is also another, the best thing about riding for me is who i've met) and completely forgotten about it all for the day.

I like bikes.