My Zoo Python 09, But In 3D..

RobRook

Thanks everyone! All the great feedback you've given me on this project has been an amazing help. It's kept me motivated big time!

I've attached a few wires of the chain & tyres for you guys.

•Erm.. The method used for the tyres was to create the basic shape of the tyre (So an inflated inner tube shape)

•Work out roughly how many segment I'd need to create a single section of the tyre (6 I think it was)

•There are 34 repetitions of the tread pattern (So 204 rotational segments)

•Deleted all the polys except the 6 I'd need for one segment.

•Took a photo looking down on my tyres and placed that in the top view and started moving points around to line up the tread pattern. I'd correct and dents in side view or 3d.

•I'd then extrude the tread and position those polys where they needed to go (I used a photo from tarty to get reference to new tyres as mine or pretty worn)

•Once I had the basic tread shape I started cutting in lines to help the NURBs modifier give sharper results.

•When I finished that, I used an array object to create the other instances/segments of tread, connected them together, then stuck it all into a NURBs object.

Giving the result you see in the close-ups :)

I would do a video tutorial, but I sound common as muck being from Essex, and aparently I "mumble" :lol: and it literally takes hours to do the segment anyways :huh:

Oh and the comment about the leaking Echo SL.... Never had a problem with it :P Must have been one of the lucky ones haha.. I did burse the hose once while riding though (no injury luckily); just where the long hose joins the master cylinder. I tend to sit in the v where the rear tyre goes between the frame, so that probably kinked it (N) As a result I no longer sit on that part, just on the tyre, well it is wide enough haha :D

Tyre Segement

post-14348-0-00832900-1293641236_thumb.j

Smoothed Wire

post-14348-0-76567900-1293641248_thumb.j

Chain Wire & Shading

post-14348-0-31946400-1293641320_thumb.j

Edited by RobRook

Was confused for a sec there lol.. But yea does look like a face :)

Well..

Made a start on the frame material as it's used on the biggest parts, frame & forks...

I think it looks about right with the slightly brushed metal look to it..

What you think?

post-14348-0-96731800-1293725866_thumb.j

post-14348-0-34793800-1293725879_thumb.j

post-14348-0-51547400-1293725890_thumb.j

post-14348-0-91452100-1293725897_thumb.j

Was confused for a sec there lol.. But yea does look like a face :)

Well..

Made a start on the frame material as it's used on the biggest parts, frame & forks...

I think it looks about right with the slightly brushed metal look to it..

What you think?

You're telling me thats not a picture ....?

I can see it's CG, but that's because I m used to see lots of these

frame material looks awesome though, the main reason it looks "fake" is because it's too clean :)

thanks a lot for the tutorial about the tires! ;)

keep it up

Once fully textured, I'll have to put some scratches in the mix in the usual places ;)

Hey guys. Been several days, but done some materials...

Renders straight out of Cinema 4D unedited.

Let me know what you think, I'm still tweaking..

The environment isn't final by the way, I just needed something to reflect (It's also from an old project, so not great)

57439272.jpg

61663401.jpg

32613981.jpg

Edited by RobRook

After looking over this thread, my mind boggles just how all of this has been done.

Couple of things on the last picture though, there's something not quite right about the texture on the tires. I can't work out what it is though, but they just don't look as perfect as everything else.

I'm the same, everything looks great but the tyres actually look like they've been done on a computer. Although me not being an expert I can probably assume that trying to get the right texture for rubber is a pretty tough job

I only thought that about the first image though, second and third look great!