New Phone

Mockett

EDIT: I wouldn't get the Desire or Desire HD. The screens are pretty low quality, and my Mum's bloke has had nothing but trouble with his Desire.

The screens aren't the best - just basic LCD screens which are awful when compared to the likes of the LED screens on the iPhone 4 and Galaxy S.

But what kind of problems is he having? In my experience, the Desire is quite a reliable handset. The only definitive weakness is the battery life.

But the task manager really annoys me. You can view currently running apps and end them, but to maximise them you have to hold the middle button to bring up another menu.

Not picking on you :P But the task killer on the Galaxy is just that - a task killer. It's primary aim is to show power usage on the phone and gives you the extra option of ending running apps. The actual task manager that appears when you hold the home key gives both the option of closing apps and maximizing them. It is fairly standard that all smart phones now work in that way - with holding the home key to bring up a task manager. The app on the home screen of the Galaxy isn't meant to be the task manager.

Aye I forget how the setup is on android 2.1 but when you hold down the middle button on android 2.2 it brings up your minimised apps for you to click on to load them up again, but also at the bottom of these it has the "task manager" button. That then opens up to allow you to kill and or uninstall any running apps, view all system processes and view your battery consumption charts.

You'd really not pick a phone, just because it doesn't have a flash?

All camera phones are crap anyway, flash or not...

The camera is always the last concern for me when picking a phone.

Fact..

Rarely ever used my camera on my phone and using it in pitch black when a flash is required = even less likely to be used.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that camera phones are useless above 3mp anyway due to the size of the lens. Having a 8mp or 12mp like some of the nokias were boasting were useless

Edited by munkee

My Sisters husband has the new N8, doesn't seem anything too special however the camera is stupidly awesome. He took a photo of me in my living room with a photo frame right far in the corner of my parents, he zoomed right into the photoframe and you can clearly see my parents face in all the detail, he then gradually zoomed out, i was astonished.

Well the flash does come in handy, but yeah it depends how much you use the camera. But I find the flash handy as a light when needed.

The quality of phone cams are getting better. My iPhone does take some really nice photos and videos along with the N8.

To be fair, most phones should have most specs as others do now.