New Phone

Mockett

I like to have them instantly, if you're waiting for a response you have t keep checking the inbox manually.

And as stated, personal preference. Pretty sure most people could wait 15 mins.

f**k that, I have mine set to check every 3 hours. Too busy to get constant alerts, and if someone can't wait 3 hours for a response then they should call me. Have some self respect, don't bow to peoples expectations of instant replies!

Too busy but yet you're on trials forum :P

I'm kidding though, don't bite my head off :)

I can't recommend my blackberry 5820 curve, it sucks, no decent apps its not very pretty and resets itself a lot which takes 7 mins to reload!

However, I have dropped it a shit load of times, it just slips out of my hand and its aall good. Internet can be proper slow and freezes but generally works.

The messaging system is easy ad simle to use like the iphones. Photos are too dark though.

Totally agree! This Phone is on level with the iphone just a hell of a lot cheaper!

Precisely.. and not being stuck in some apple fan club always gets the thumbs up from me =p. You would really have to be a moron to pay for an iphone contract, they are SO expensive for what gains? It's as if everyone wants to pay for the "cool" factor which is hilarious. I hear Android 2.3 is on the horizon and I'm scarily excited the update from 2.1 to 2.2 was awesome. http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3-highlights.html

But without sounding too petty I believe microsoft got fined millions for creating a monopoly, locking down software and in general being faggots.. but I really don't understand how apple have been able to do exactly the same and no one has said shit..

Precisely.. and not being stuck in some apple fan club always gets the thumbs up from me =p. You would really have to be a moron to pay for an iphone contract, they are SO expensive for what gains? It's as if everyone wants to pay for the "cool" factor which is hilarious. I hear Android 2.3 is on the horizon and I'm scarily excited the update from 2.1 to 2.2 was awesome. http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3-highlights.html

But without sounding too petty I believe microsoft got fined millions for creating a monopoly, locking down software and in general being faggots.. but I really don't understand how apple have been able to do exactly the same and no one has said shit..

Because they haven't. Nokia still sells more phones than anyone, they just aren't good ones.

So many options I know, all very very confusing. I have just made my decision, was hard but I think I have made the right one.

- My initial idea was to go for the Iphone 4, on vodafone 24months £35 pound a month. but then quickly realised £840 quid over 2 years in massive when the new phone comes out in jan.

- Instead I compromised and have gone for a 12month sim only with vodafone, the blackberry £20 a month bundle but then with £110 cash back from quidco :). i then got the 8520 blackberry from phones4u £130 atm, and for the money it is a quality smartphone, and the messaging is awesome, a feature the iphone has nothing on.

so £ 260 for a year, rather than £840 for two years. take that then do the same again next year. :)

can someone explain to me why anyone buys a contract now a days, seems like sim only and handset combo's are by far the cheapest deals on offer....

can someone explain to me why anyone buys a contract now a days, seems like sim only and handset combo's are by far the cheapest deals on offer....

As I said at the start it is actually retarded to be buying some of these phones on contract. The iphone is by far the worst for it ever. Im on 02 simplicity, 30 day rolling contract with 700 mins 1400texts and unlimited net for £20 a month.

I bought my phone off ebay unlocked etc and it will be far cheaper than an iphone contract with a lot more.

I like the sound of giffgaff! :) think I'm going to go for it. Hey what's the desire like too?

I'm loving it. First smart phone thingy I've had after running crappy phones and I'm completely amazed by what it can do. Its pretty easy to use. Took me about a day to get everything I wanted on there and to get use to it.

Its good enough to have upset a few of my mates with iphones..

If you do go for giffgaff, rather than ordering a sim from the site, if you PM me your name and address and let me order it then we will both get £5 free credit :)

They also work on phones locked to o2 so save yourself some pounds by getting a locked one..

Right I'm due an upgrade on the 26th so and have a couple of ideas of what phone I want but can someone give me any advice on what they're like if they have one?

Looking toward either a Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy S or HTC HD7 but can't decide between them. At the moment I'm leaning toward the dell but the size puts me off for taking it out when I'm riding and I definately don't want an iphone again as I'm sick to death of mine! Any suggestions.

na he is correct. Galaxy S doesnt have flash, the nexus S is the exact same phone internally but has a flash for the camera.

However, I too looked at getting either a dell streak/htc/galaxy s originally. As you said the streak is just too big, infact when you are in a phone shop holding it the phone is a huge brick and totally puts me off. I thought the galaxy s was quite large but after reading a ton of reviews pitching it against the htc's the galaxy s just seems to be that little bit better. I never wanted an iphone as to be honest I hear too many people complain (but I suppose thats what you get when so many people use them) so I just went for the galaxy S and I can honestly say I havent made a mistake!

If you get it, upgrade the firmware to 2.2 and it really pisses on most phones at the moment.

http://www.fonehome....ties-do-battle/

Here's a review I just picked up from google, its worth just looking at a few before deciding. Remember galaxy s is now running android 2.2 which is quite a big leap forward compared to what 2.1 was and most reviews even state how the galaxy s would be ahead with 2.2.

Edited by munkee

In regards to contracts, call up a network you want to join that has the phone you want, and complain that a different network has offered it x amount cheaper (don't take the piss, as you can do it again in 12 months - go for around 30% of the price.) 9 times out of 10 you'll get the contract loads cheaper than in store and online prices. If it fails, call again and speak to a different agent.

(This also works if you already have a contract, but the main point is to not take the piss too much.)