How To Lose A Belly?

Little Yoshi

I also supplemented that lot with a bunch of heavy weight training, but i like being somewhat of a powerhouse. and unless your into being stupid strong its not really necessary.

but yea, you look at all the massive guys on the bodybuilding scene, for most of them cardio is such a small part of their training its unreal, some of them will do a bit of treadmill walking, but not much else, all their calories burnt comes from lifting, as at the end of the day, to move/lift weight requires energy, the reason lifting weight isnt recommended for weight loss is because a lot of the weight loss ideas are centred around people who only lift light weights, and use the scales to measure themselves, id rather be my current weight now (16 stone 7) and look like i currently do, than back when i was 14 stone, and just a fat muscle-less mess.

but yea,obviously if your a 9 stone woman, who can only use weight machines, and say chest presses 14kg 45 times(3 x 15) saying theres 2 foot of movement, their only moving 1,260kg 1 foot. but like im currently deadlifting 155kg 30 times ( 5 x 6) and the movement on that is about 2.5 foot, which means im moving 11,625kg one foot, so you can see how on a purely energy expended front, to complete one of my exercises in the gym, im using 10 times as much energy as someone who isnt lifting heavy, in just getting the bar to my waist, before we talk about resisting the force of gravity on the way down/energy expended in the repair of muscle tissue. but if your willing to grin and bare it and lug/lift heavy crap around, you can quickly use up large amounts of energy, as well as building muscle (which apart from looking good, burns calories by just existing)

might rekindle the training thread, seen as im getting back into it, although im going to have to find a new gym, ours seems to of removed the olympic bar.

Trying to lose my belly at the moment...

Trying to watch what I eat, which is basically no sweets/chocolates/cakes etc and more fruit n veg.

Gym wise....30-40mins on treadmill (where I'm running for total of about half of that at the moment) Some weight machines and then about 15mins in pool. Also do some pushups etc at home.

I also supplemented that lot with a bunch of heavy weight training, but i like being somewhat of a powerhouse. and unless your into being stupid strong its not really necessary.

but yea, you look at all the massive guys on the bodybuilding scene, for most of them cardio is such a small part of their training its unreal, some of them will do a bit of treadmill walking, but not much else, all their calories burnt comes from lifting, as at the end of the day, to move/lift weight requires energy, the reason lifting weight isnt recommended for weight loss is because a lot of the weight loss ideas are centred around people who only lift light weights, and use the scales to measure themselves, id rather be my current weight now (16 stone 7) and look like i currently do, than back when i was 14 stone, and just a fat muscle-less mess.

but yea,obviously if your a 9 stone woman, who can only use weight machines, and say chest presses 14kg 45 times(3 x 15) saying theres 2 foot of movement, their only moving 1,260kg 1 foot. but like im currently deadlifting 155kg 30 times ( 5 x 6) and the movement on that is about 2.5 foot, which means im moving 11,625kg one foot, so you can see how on a purely energy expended front, to complete one of my exercises in the gym, im using 10 times as much energy as someone who isnt lifting heavy, in just getting the bar to my waist, before we talk about resisting the force of gravity on the way down/energy expended in the repair of muscle tissue. but if your willing to grin and bare it and lug/lift heavy crap around, you can quickly use up large amounts of energy, as well as building muscle (which apart from looking good, burns calories by just existing)

might rekindle the training thread, seen as im getting back into it, although im going to have to find a new gym, ours seems to of removed the olympic bar.

I hardly do any cardio too, just go real heavy in the gym, but I'm nowhere near as trim as when I used run as well. Just too tired these days with the new family arrival and I'd rather keep my 'numbers' in the gym so running got knocked on the head. Hate to think what shape I'd be in if I gave up the gym too - couldn't bear wasting away!

something that's really popular over here is spinning classes, i know people who have droppes 10-15kg just but doing 2-3 classes a week over a 2 month period, and it gets you really fit!! i personaly cant be arsed, and i (luckly) don't have a problem of fat, so i can whack up the calories a pump some iron :lol: i think i've gained nearly 13kg in just over a year (of muscle not fat!) :turned:

so yeah if you can do spinning that's really good for loosing fat! ^_^

something that's really popular over here is spinning classes, i know people who have droppes 10-15kg just but doing 2-3 classes a week over a 2 month period, and it gets you really fit!! i personaly cant be arsed, and i (luckly) don't have a problem of fat, so i can whack up the calories a pump some iron :lol: i think i've gained nearly 13kg in just over a year (of muscle not fat!) :turned:

so yeah if you can do spinning that's really good for loosing fat! ^_^

I observed an spinning class once - looked like legalised torture!

hahaha, that's why i can't be arsed to do it :turned: but a lot of people tell me that it's the best thing they've done to loose weight or even keep shape in winter for road racing, it gives you sooo much stamina it's unbelievable! and if you're sly you go to the back of the room and you can observe all of the fitties sweating it out :giggle:

I observed an spinning class once - looked like legalised torture!

It really really was. 1 hour felt like 10 when I did it, the fact that the clock was directly behind the instructor just took the piss as it went even slower...

Everyone on my floor thought I was going to boss it with me having a bike but I was terrible :/

It really really was. 1 hour felt like 10 when I did it, the fact that the clock was directly behind the instructor just took the piss as it went even slower...

Everyone on my floor thought I was going to boss it with me having a bike but I was terrible :/

What is this "spinning"?

Edited by Little Yoshi

Try and cut down on eating bread and eat more soups and protien foods. Bread has alot of calories and soup keeps you full for longer, protien foods tells your brain that your full and you eat less also if you do any training keep your heart beat at 110-130 at a steady pace this will burn the most calories i have lost nearly a stone in the last few months so it is working for me

Honestly no need for all these essays.

Hanging sit ups, you'll soon loose your stomach. Stop eating shit an all, pizza, burgers, etc, eat balanced, hanging sit ups, you'll be reet in a month-3months ? How do i know, thats how i trained.