Danny Macaskill.

John Shrewsbury

It's a normal Trialtech Sport sprung tensioner, but with the custom hanger Inspired created to work with the Skye (due to the through axle on the rear). The front through-axle setup's f**king pimp too in the way it's been designed.

I take it he damaged those forks he had on and thats why hes running a QR set up?

I'd love a fully bolt-through Inspired. I know i wouldn't really warrant in to the extent Macaskill needs it but i'd prefer it as i find no convenience in QR. I think it looks lovely also. The updated 20mm forks sound interesting.

Is the Skye going to be something that wil be available for future purchase?

:rolleyes: I know what you mean.

I should have said QR offers me personally no convenience as i've always got allen keys on me and would rather unbolt a wheel then fiddle around with levered spindle. My Kona is fully bolted in and i love it.

In what way did it feel better, in terms of it's stiffness or due to a different geometry. I love my Fourplay but if at some point there's basically a Fourplay+ available then well naturally one would be interested. I prefer the name too.

:rolleyes: I know what you mean.

I should have said QR offers me personally no convenience as i've always got allen keys on me and would rather unbolt a wheel then fiddle around with levered spindle. My Kona is fully bolted in and i love it.

In what way did it feel better, in terms of it's stiffness or due to a different geometry. I love my Fourplay but if at some point there's basically a Fourplay+ available then well naturally one would be interested. I prefer the name too.

Shorter and lower BB. Felt more like I was standing on the bike instead of leaning over it.

Shorter and lower BB. Felt more like I was standing on the bike instead of leaning over it.

That soudns nice. I know what you mean - i do get that feeling sometimes on my Inspired and mine isn't set-up in a trialsy way at all as in hardly any trials parts on it.

This is sounding more and more interesting.

I'd love a fully bolt-through Inspired. I know i wouldn't really warrant in to the extent Macaskill needs it but i'd prefer it as i find no convenience in QR. I think it looks lovely also. The updated 20mm forks sound interesting.

Is the Skye going to be something that wil be available for future purchase?

Certainly is. It's definitely going to be available as a full bike. Not sure what it's going to be available as 'aftermarket' - I'd imagine most people would probably want the through-axle front and rear so a fork/frame kit would make sense, then with it requiring fairly specific hubs I'd have thought it would've made sense to have them with it too. We'll see I guess (Y)

I too would love a frame like this. After standing on it on Sunday night I really wanted to go give it a spin. It felt so much better than the old foreplay's Danny had.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think the BB's around the same sort of height as the 2011 Fourplay (so relatively low, especially compared to the older Fourplay). Short front end too. There was some geo for it up here a while ago I think, but the wheelbase is a lot shorter than the 2011 and pre-2011 Fourplays.

So Mark, for someone looking to potentially buy some Inspired forks very shortly do you think it would be a likelyhood that 20mm versions could soon follow? If so, i'd hold out as hub conversion is no problem and i'd hate to buy a QR set only for forks i'd like to make love to come out a month or so later.

Sorry for all the questions - but what sort of date are you reckoning on for arrival of all this stuff, in whatever incarnation it may come in?

I don't know for definite, but I wouldn't have thought the 20mm through-axle forks would have been available seperately any time soon. I'd imagine that like with the current range of bikes, Inspired would probably make the bike available first, then the parts for it later. That's not a definitive answer though, I can't really stress that enough with the way that TF rumours start and develop :P

Literally have no idea when things are going to be available. I've seen the production sample they had and I think that was pretty on the money so I guess it just depends if Inspired need to tweak/change anything, and then when they can get them made. I wouldn't have thought you'd have seen them out in the very near future, basically.