Echo Tr Cage Pedal Crack !

Balls Deep trials team

After having a ride in reading yesterday on the train home i was just loking over my bike and noticed i had a crack in my echo tr pedals and just wanted to know if this is a common fault ?? i really like the feel of these pedals and wouldnt mind another pair. so if this is a common fault ill just use my wellgo mag pedals instead .....

Pic .post-23814-0-01369600-1298911956_thumb.j

Deng should really pull his finger out and test these products out for a certain period of time before they hit the market... hence why his frames are now coming with 6 month warrantys hence why they are not tested propely. Each year the designs of his products looked good but the craftsman ship is just poor. i have 2 friends who both have zoo lynx's and have cracked on the weld in the same place on both frames surely that is impossible for it to happen ive been on the trials scene since late 2003 all the frames ive come across for snapping have never seemed to be at the weld as the weld is where it supports the frame. My advice personally is ditch deng products... send him an e-mail with pic as he is always interested in seeing his products come at fault of a crack or any other form of damage... Just buy some dmr v8's and stop being a weight weenie.

i bourt them 2nd hand off Calops on the fourm but iv been using them for about 2-3 months though ... only bourt them to try out .. so im not to bothered about them cracking..

Deng should really pull his finger out and test these products out for a certain period of time before they hit the market... hence why his frames are now coming with 6 month warrantys hence why they are not tested propely. Each year the designs of his products looked good but the craftsman ship is just poor. i have 2 friends who both have zoo lynx's and have cracked on the weld in the same place on both frames surely that is impossible for it to happen ive been on the trials scene since late 2003 all the frames ive come across for snapping have never seemed to be at the weld as the weld is where it supports the frame. My advice personally is ditch deng products... send him an e-mail with pic as he is always interested in seeing his products come at fault of a crack or any other form of damage... Just buy some dmr v8's and stop being a weight weenie.

Any idea what his email is ?

i bourt them 2nd hand off Calops on the fourm but iv been using them for about 2-3 months though ... only bourt them to try out .. so im not to bothered about them cracking..

Any idea what his email is ?

His website then go on contact pretty simple.. he has a few different e-mails for different departments

the decent deng stuff seems to be his hubs, cranks, bb and freewheels nowadays. Bars and stem, headsets too. But I dont trust or like the quality of the Zoo and Echo Frames from 08 onwards. What happened to frames like the 06 Python, 07 Czar and 07 Gu typhoons? Qualitly frames, strong as f*ck and nice to ride.

This is the reason I only run an echo hub, freewheel and bashring. The rest is trialtech, hope and try-all.

Pull your finger out deng and bring out some older designs again. Made well, made strong, with modern Geos to suit. Would be much appreciated. This includes pedals. Shouldn't realy crack that easily. I'm running pedals half the price and have been used on 3 different bikes now.

Get it sorted

edit:

Just noted my user name. Irony!

Edited by Echo Lite 09

Most stupid post ever...koxx frames used to came with no warranty and they were three time more expensive than deng frames.And same thing aplies pretty much to every product produced by koxx/try all,not to mention rockman products...

And to add to that the most likely place for a frame to crack is on/by a weld.

To the OP. My mates cracked exactly the same yesterday as well.

hence why his frames are now coming with 6 month warrantys hence why they are not tested propely

So that's a 6 month warranty in the same way that Koxx, Rockman, Inspired, Ashton/Diamondback, Monty, and every other frame manufacture have to provide a 6 month warranty by law? It's a materials or manufacturing defect warranty which doesn't cover items being hit into objects, abuse, mis-use, etc. If it's an actual manufacturing defect or a fault within the material used to make a frame it'll be come apparent relatively quickly hence it 'only' being a 6 month warranty. Everything else isn't technically covered by warranty, so it could be a complete lifetime warranty against that sort of thing and it still wouldn't change anything at all (it'd just mean that more people would complain that their absolutely battered frames are a 'manufacturing defect' further down the line instead of that being restricted to the first 6 months). Frames are 99% of the time going to crack on a weld too. I'd be more concerned if your friend's frames had cracked in the middle of a tube...

The 'problem' is that everyone wants lightweight stuff. People want caged pedals that are superlight. Weight's got to be saved from somewhere, with the easiest place being from the body itself. Try-All have tried solving that issue by putting the ribs on their new 2011 pedals, so hopefully others will try that soon. The latest TR pedals are a little different to last years model too, incidentally.

If you're hitting your pedals a lot, either get some platform pedals or don't get light caged pedals. Pretty much all there is to it. This definitely isn't the first set of TR caged pedals I've seen break there, but almost everyone single pair I've seen that have broken there have generally had pretty battered cages. Battered cages = pedals being hit a lot = saving weight there not being a great idea.

• Like 1

Seen it happen before.

These are lightweight products, people who buy them and expect durability should get something else. The same applies to Echo pedals with Ti axles.

It's pretty much the same as getting a Koxx, riding the hell out of it and then complaining it's cracked.

• Like 2

i like the feel of them to, so i got another pair. if i break them, i would properly go for the new try-all ones, og the echo sl cage, but they are the same as tr just with a titan axel and screws?

I think all these pedals are same. new Echo new Try all and rockman they all look the same..Maybe try all (rockman) using other material but I don´t think so.

next thing is that try all cost 60pounds and rockman pedals cost 50pounds until echo cost only 35 so you can have nearly 2 pairs echo pedals for price of 1pair try-all pedals (Y)

but it´s my opinion...

Edited by AndrewG

• 2 weeks later...

I think all these pedals are same. new Echo new Try all and rockman they all look the same..Maybe try all (rockman) using other material but I don´t think so.

next thing is that try all cost 60pounds and rockman pedals cost 50pounds until echo cost only 35 so you can have nearly 2 pairs echo pedals for price of 1pair try-all pedals (Y)

but it´s my opinion...

The new Try-All pedals aren't like the TRs, and aren't like the RockMan pedals. That isn't "an opinion" thing, they're genuinely not the same. Different axle, different body, different cages.