Jaf Jarbon Mk-Completed!

Rob Leech

I've got that covered, all will be revealed soon enough :).

Cheers,

Josh.

BTW, will hopefully have another update tomorrow, been a bit busy on the proper work side this week (Y).

Oh, and i think you'll be surprised at how easy it is to do a decent repair on carbon tube, so if a crack/smash does occur, it can be repaired (Y).

oh man I think I will never sleep tonight. can´t wait (Y)

Awesome stuff dude, interesting idea with the inner and outer tubes a the head tube (Y) What's the projected weight?

Will be a lotus 7/caterham design when it's done, ally chassis with (hopefully) a full carbon body :).

That sounds pretty freakin awesome, keen to see more! Cage looks a bit skinny though, what dia is the tubing? Got someone who has tooling you can use for the bodywork, or having to make those too?

I hope you never need to use it! I'm not 'dissing' it because I think it's bloody amazing you've got a full chassis made up, very impressive, but personally I would re-think that cage (if it's going to be used 'in anger' anyway) - needs some triangulation, gussets, maybe a double D over the top at least?

Awesome stuff dude, interesting idea with the inner and outer tubes a the head tube (Y) What's the projected weight?

That sounds pretty freakin awesome, keen to see more! Cage looks a bit skinny though, what dia is the tubing? Got someone who has tooling you can use for the bodywork, or having to make those too?

Cheers adam, not sure on the weight side yet, im not looking to go too light with it as i'm trying to concerntrate purely on strength atm, but may well put it all on the scales tomorrow just to get an idea.

Having to make all the moulds myself as it's not all standard to the drawings, everything that i've done with it so far is here if you want to have a gander- http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150221908510853.346974.559375852

I hope you never need to use it! I'm not 'dissing' it because I think it's bloody amazing you've got a full chassis made up, very impressive, but personally I would re-think that cage (if it's going to be used 'in anger' anyway) - needs some triangulation, gussets, maybe a double D over the top at least?

It's not acctually going to be acting as a cage, im putting a hard top with gullwings on it :) but yes, there is a good bit more triangulating and gusseting to be done in a few areas on it, mainly the back end as i've not gotten that far with it yet. I could also add a steel cage when it's done if need be.

Have got a little update in 2 mins.

Cheers,

Josh.

Got a lot of work on then! The satisfaction of finishing it will be amazing - look forward to seeing more!

Aah, that makes sense now... keep the updates coming :)

Edit: Just looked through the FB pics, crazy stuff, amazed at how much you are doing yourself (Y)

28/07-

Got the headtube welded up and blasted today-

img1210o.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

that's looking amazing...wondering a) how did you get the inner tube , on the above connector to stay central in the outer tube (where the down tube would connect)

b)how've you made the headtube? just a normal bita tube with the cut out for the headset cups milled out?

sorry for the bad explanations above, good work though looking like some lovely welds there

that's looking amazing...wondering a) how did you get the inner tube , on the above connector to stay central in the outer tube (where the down tube would connect)

b)how've you made the headtube? just a normal bita tube with the cut out for the headset cups milled out?

sorry for the bad explanations above, good work though looking like some lovely welds there

Heya chap,

to keep them in line I just turned a piece of ally tube down to the same size as the carbon and used it as a spacer whilst i welded it up (Y).

I turned the headtube down from a section of round bar, would be easier to get a section of tube close to the correct size and just bore it to suit, but i couldnt find any at the time :).

Nah, had worse :P.

Cheers,

Josh.

Nice to see that somes manafacturing something along the lines of the Phat Carbon Frame.

The standard of work looks excellent!

The phatworks frame was made in the same workshop as this one ;)

The MK.1 phat frame is now sat in my garage too :lol: