Jaf Jarbon Mk-Completed!

Rob Leech

Great Project! But You urgently need to clamp the tubes from the outside, because in when using them for trials, Carbon tubes look like this otherwise:

Cheers for the pic, i'll be bonding a seperate gusset to the rear once it's completed, should stop any flexing of the dropout joints :).

That also looks like it hasn't been bonded properly, also looks like uni-directional tube, whereas my tubing is 2/2 twill, so should be a bit stronger in that area (Y).

Cheers,

Josh.

Looks great dude. One question for you; With all the doubling up on tubing at the joints, are you expecting this to be much lighter than if you just made the frame out of alu or doing it for the ride characteristics of the carbon?

Cheers Luke, no, was expecting it to be heavier than an all ally frame, just want to see if the concept will work :) But i did weigh it when it was all together, and it came out at just over 1.5, so if it does work, it will be very easy to make one that's considerably lighter (Y).

Cheers,

Josh.

Will you be making your own brake clamps?

Just wondering because there's no offset in the mounts to use normal clamps.

You need to make the carbon tubes clamp into the alloy bit,that wall you can pull it apart to go over seas,it looks like the frame componets would fit in a back pack.

Keep up the good work

Will you be making your own brake clamps?

Just wondering because there's no offset in the mounts to use normal clamps.

You need to make the carbon tubes clamp into the alloy bit,that wall you can pull it apart to go over seas,it looks like the frame componets would fit in a back pack.

Keep up the good work

Heya chap,

I'll be making posts to screw into the holes you can see on the booster, will just be like a normal mounting then :).

Has already been tried and tested through the Phat Phrame(Y) .

Cheers,

Josh.

How does it ride?

Hard to tell without a rear brake (not into this whole brakeless malarky), but it manuals beautifully, thought i'd need a higher stem for it, but seems all good, will give it a proper test at the weekend and try to get a little video done :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Oh, and like i said, it is a bit flexy on the rear, but i will be adding a gusset that will hopefully get rid of it tomorrow (Y).

This is so funny... I've literally just finished editing a mini-video to a song called Mr Zebra (30 minutes to go on the upload), and now I see your new bike looks like this!

Will it be alright adding a gusset now you've already cooked it?

Superpimp! Can't wait for tomorrow (assuming you're still out)!

Looks good

A couple quick questions

Where you've welded the booster on, is there any reason why you havnt welded around the 4 bolt mounts?

Also, looks like the weld is biased more to the booster than the frame. Was this purposful?

1) So that i had a greater surface area for the bonding of the carbon.

2)This is know in the trade as "thick to thin", you basically concerntrate more on the thicker material as it needs more heat to gain penetration (Gigi'ty) (Y).

Hope that answered your questions matey :).

This is so funny... I've literally just finished editing a mini-video to a song called Mr Zebra (30 minutes to go on the upload), and now I see your new bike looks like this!

Will it be alright adding a gusset now you've already cooked it?

Superpimp! Can't wait for tomorrow (assuming you're still out)!

AHHHHHHH, ah well, Gusset will be bonded on :). Surprising how strong it is, will show you tomorrow/saturday (Y).

Cheers,

Josh.