Orange Zero

old'scoolfool

just need a chain tensioner, pedals and handlebars (i pinched them off my giant) might be willing to sell it as i have a possible lead on a pace frame and wont have the room for another build

crap quality pics taken on mobile will get better ones tomorrow

post-29678-0-12249900-1312304614_thumb.j

post-29678-0-94587000-1312304667_thumb.j

post-29678-0-52576100-1312304683_thumb.j

post-29678-0-28458400-1312304729_thumb.j

post-29678-0-49959400-1312304750_thumb.j

post-29678-0-07264500-1312304804_thumb.j

Edited by old'scoolfool
  • Like 3

Well I was more meaning the booster and the front brake...The bars cant really be classed as old school enough for that bike either. So :P

:( i just threw the bars on as it's all i have i will put the old booster back on and swap the hope for a raceline just for you sir ;)

Aye, a nice matching raceline booster back and front with a set of Pashley forks would be nice. Onza caged pedals too! 12 quid, remember? Yas. A fixed sora mech would be cool too.

some tv series forks went unsold on ebay the other week but i was adamant on a front disc so didnt get them, i replied about the bars btw

Don't get me wrong, it's lovely. But somebody said it's old school. It's older than new, but not old school.

well apart from the front brake and bars which i mentioned are temporary so i can just get out and ride it now the wheels are all thats new and the pro 2's look exactly the same as the old xc's but are better and with more reliability than 10 year old components... and the ex721 is the replacement for the d521 all i've done really is bought the modern day replacements for reliability but physically its the exact same components with new stickers and logo's fair enough to those who think its shit but its hardly modern mate

• Like 1

well apart from the front brake and bars which i mentioned are temporary so i can just get out and ride it now the wheels are all thats new and the pro 2's look exactly the same as the old xc's but are better and with more reliability than 10 year old components... and the ex721 is the replacement for the d521 all i've done really is bought the modern day replacements for reliability but physically its the exact same components with new stickers and logo's fair enough to those who think its shit but its hardly modern mate

The Orange Zero era isn't old school, not just your bike but Zero's in general. Mid-school.

• Like 1

To be brutally honest. what does it really matter? As long as it rides good who cares!!!

Yea, and it doesn't, because it's a Zero.

Sorry Mr Old, but there have been a few semi decent looking Zeros over the years (who's got a link to that white one with blue accents from yonks ago?) and this isn't one of them. It's got far too much going on, but to be fair it's pretty tough to polish a turd.

I say that from the viewpoint of loving almost all of the other frames from this era, including all others you mentioned except the Vario.

EDIT: I appear to have misguided myself onto a rant about looks. I missed out the important bit: Zeros ride like shit.

Edited by JDâ„¢