Rich Pearson - Because Simple

Rich Pearson

Been into my natural riding quite a bit, having found a few new places to ride (Lamorna Cove is probably one of the best places I think I've ever ridden). Vimeo has raped the quality of this so download and watch with VLC for the win (may have to adjust aspect ratio to 16:9)

Enjoy :) Thanks again to Steve from Heatsink for the amazing CNC Yellow pads I've got front and rear, and also for the very nice hoody and t-shirt you can see me wearing in this vid.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

Will, that last spot is Lamorna Cove, which is about 5 miles from Lands End. What you saw in that video accounts for maybe 5% of what there is to ride there. It is insane.

Bryan, the Zhi was just too high for my liking, but with the slightly lower BB on this (about 40mm rise) it's pretty darn perfect. I just could not sidehop the Zhi for the life of me, but this thing just flies up them.

Glad to see you on a bike that you suit. Never really liked your ZHI video and for a massive fan of yours I'm very glad your back on form. very nice video the uphill tap looks tricky at the start. MASSIVE FAN keep up the good work, watching again now (Y)

If that were street riding, it would've been your best video to date.

As it stands, unfortunately (and I understand it's good fun, but) natural riding is just boring to watch for me.

Impressive, but not so exciting, though the lack of dramatic poses makes a rather large improvement ;)

Edit: Watching this prompted looking back at your old videos on the Echo... Whatever was "karsonlevoret"?

Edited by aener

• 2 weeks later...

awesome vid rich (Y) 2:51 :o love your style aswell, no nonsense and really powerfull!

i much prefer natural riding vids, infact, overwatching your first heatsink promo is what made me decide to start putting some money away recently towards a tgs frame!

what do you think about the strength of the because frame? is it flexy without a booster? it looks like a really nice, well built frame for the price!

im building another 24" and im seriously considering getting the because frame instead of the echo as its £60 cheaper and im running on a budget!

Edited by onzamartin

Great vid .. unfortunately im not a fan of watching natural riding either (as much fun as it is to ride!) but it was good to see some of those lines!

it was also nice to hear a different version of the song from danny mac's new video (which i and i can imagine every other person on here has been watching on repeat !)

Great vid .. unfortunately im not a fan of watching natural riding either (as much fun as it is to ride!) but it was good to see some of those lines!

it was also nice to hear a different version of the song from danny mac's new video (which i and i can imagine every other person on here has been watching on repeat !)

I'm a BIG fan of Ben Howard as he studied at the university down here, but that version of The Wolves on Danny's vid was so bad. The one I used is straight from the youtube video for the song, which is just a plain studio edit.

Cheers for the other replies; the because is awesome to ride and really doesn't feel to flexy, but I'm not very good at judging that kind of thing. Rear brake seems fine, the only thing making it slightly less powerful than its previous incarnation is the difference in rims I think, but can't really help that.

I should have my hands on a GoPro hero next week so will hopefully be back to high def soon!

Rich

• 1 year later...

Apologies for serious thread resurrection!

Was down at Penzance on holiday over the Easter weekend and had a spin down to Lamorna Cove as I remembered going there when I was little. Got a cuppa and sat on the rocks, and couldn't help but notice a couple of people doing some trials riding that blew my socks off! So, as Clarkson would put it, "I went on the Internet and I found this." Was it you?

If so - top work mate, you kept me entertained for 20 mins

If not - the secret is out and you've got competition!

Myself and a mate were there on Saturday :)

Nice vid Rich (Y)

Apologies for serious thread resurrection!

Was down at Penzance on holiday over the Easter weekend and had a spin down to Lamorna Cove as I remembered going there when I was little. Got a cuppa and sat on the rocks, and couldn't help but notice a couple of people doing some trials riding that blew my socks off! So, as Clarkson would put it, "I went on the Internet and I found this." Was it you?

If so - top work mate, you kept me entertained for 20 mins

If not - the secret is out and you've got competition!