London Riots

Franksx2005

I don't think I know the human mind more than you because clearly you do know your shit but it doesn't mean you know more either.

It is possible to learn and study this stuff outside of university isn't it.

Why would you just write off my knowledge and experience just like that?

I did write out a load of bollox justifying where my opinion comes from but as Mike said it just sounded like trumpet blowing so I edited it out and summarised it to:

"Insert a load of bollox here"

Which you have clearly taken in the wrong way, as in, I am saying your talking bollox, which I am not saying at all.

You may have a university qualification in this area which I would guess would be either psychology or some kind of social study, but that does not mean you know everything about psychology/sociology or that you are going to be right all the time, because a book said so.

Even some information you have assimilated during you study and/or practice may one day be shown to be a load of bollox, see eugenics for a good example.

There is a growing number of very respected and experienced psychologists and sociologists that not only saying that the root problem is similar to what I am saying but some have predicted this shit occurring.

Funny how when this stuff occurred in other countries, Greece, Spain, middle east countries it was all 'Protesters this and protesters that' yet when it happens here its all 'looters this and rioters that' in the media.

What is so wrong about people having different opinions about a subject that people have to get so wound up about it?

@Mike-

What sort of statement is that to make?

So I have an opinion different to others and when they put a good 'argument' (for want of a better word, across), I cannot agree with them?

I cannot change my mind?

Is that how your brain works? Once you have made your mind up, that's it? No changing it?

The 'oki doki' post was aimed at Marks Post anyway, because he and Matthew62 are about the only people that have actually spoken to or been in the event as far as I can tell.

I also have chatted to friends and associates who live Tottenham where I believe it first kicked off and their story is a bit different.

Yes there were pure looters involved but looting wasn't the igniter.

There must be an underlying reason for this to have occurred, when it did, on the scale it did.

It's not like this is the first time poor people have started kicking off now is it.

I'm not gonna get into a full blown argument about this because like yourselves I have better things to do and don't particularly want to piss people off.

I also apologise to anyone that has taken offence to any of my posts, they were not meant to offend.

The 'oki doki' post was aimed at Marks Post anyway, because he and Matthew62 are about the only people that have actually spoken to or been in the event as far as I can tell.

I also have chatted to friends and associates who live Tottenham where I believe it first kicked off and their story is a bit different.

Yes there were pure looters involved but looting wasn't the igniter.

There must be an underlying reason for this to have occurred, when it did, on the scale it did.

It's not like this is the first time poor people have started kicking off now is it.

The people I spoke to in the Brixton/Peckham/Camberwell area seemed to be saying that it was just people making the most, e.g. the people who queued up to loot a Footlocker so the people in there could get the size they wanted rather than being 'rushed'. I just don't see this as being comparable to when 'the poor' have risen up before - there appears to be no "noble" underlying motive for a lot of the people who got involved, it's just an opportunity that was created by genuine anger people felt which was then used as a reason to smash the place up for other people (in much the same way that peaceful protests have previously become violent when groups of people specifically out to cause trouble get involved - or to look at another aspect, the crowds at football matches. The majority are there to watch the game and support their team, but then you get gangs who use that as an opportunity to go and fight people). I'd imagine once people realised there was little in the way of people stopping them, it just went from there. As I said, the people I spoke to from those three areas seemed to think it was just the usual gangs of kids just wanting to steal things. The content on Twitter from people who were going out looting seemed to suggest that they were doing it because it was 'fun' and 'a buzz'.

Like i said, there was a reason.

People are lazy and want stuff for nothing, so opportunists took the opportunity to opportunistic, as opposed to actually working and striving for a better lives for themselves.

I've heard a lot of people trying to explain the reasoning behind the riots saying "these people not got nothing" - i presume what they meant to say was "these people have little to no possessions due to being somewhat poor" but these f**ks don't do nuffink - so why would they have any dollar?

In a roundabout way, i've got less than many of the opportunistic looters as i'm not going to be entitled to any form of benefit (nor would i want it) i'm not going to be given a food allowance, or have my rent or bills subsidised. I've got to work for all i have - i have to pay a large rent, pay bills, buy my own food, pay council tax, pay national insurance... and with the little i have left i try and save it up so that now and again i can treat myself...and i don't expect a thing. Yet these people do shit all, get given a fair bit and still want more......? And if for one minute any ignorant idiot suggests there is no opportunities or jobs in London (i mention London as it was the heart of the rioting) then they are talking such utter shit.

These people are dumb ass f**ks who never did a decent good damn day of anything in their life and they keep asking and asking and asking for more and then they get all rioty when inevitably theirs cuts. It breaks my heart to think a decent percentage of what i earn goes to help people like that live so they can sit on their ass all day and moan about how shit their life is, when they've never aspired to do anything. You give any of these people opportunities of work and they wouldn't want it - it’s just shear ignorance.

Thanks chaps, I would say, that you have resolved the subject for me (as in myself, resolved it for me, I am happy in my mind about what it was all about. Not resolved it in my favour, as Mister Monkey will possibly think I mean)

It still leaves the question of why they did it, not because they are lazy sponging pricks reason why,which seems to have been cleared up but why they took it upon themselves to do it, at that time, and why it propagated over such a large area.

The underlying cause to which I refer which, by the way I do not claim to know, but have guessed at.

Forum: In addition to its standard function as a marketplace, a forum was a gathering place of great social significance, and often the scene of diverse activities, including political discussions and debates, rendezvous, meetings, et cetera. (wiki)

Edited by Matt Vandart

:lol:

You don't let go do you?

What's the psychology behind that then?

Short answer: No

Long answer:

In order to write a paragraph as requested, I will have to:

Research

Think about it

Get some more opinions

Think about it some more

Carefully construct a paragraph with the requested information (even more carefully as you love picking at things)

Type it and post it.

This will take time, because I am not willing to reel off 'text book facts I know from my learnings'.

I do not claim to know everything there is to know about sociology and the human mind.

That would be a bit vain now wouldn't it.

Also if you are going to attempt to ridicule my 'qualifications for having a valid opinion' I will refer to:

A: Your lack of putting yours forward

and

B: Canardwebs suicide topic in which you were completely and utterly wrong about the whole situation.

He has very real issues, and your replies were callous, unproductive, made with a complete lack of knowledge or empathy of the man or his situation, psychology or anything else.

I will also refer to Bens reply:

"Some awesome empathy skills going on here. I don't see how anyone wouldn't operate from the worst case scenario and show some sensitivity. Just because you're behind a computer screen rather than at the base of a tall building doesn't change the meaningfulness and importance of your actions.

Even if this is attention seeking, the knowledge of how it would make one viewed thereafter clearly means that if somebody takes such an action they are coming from a position of significant suffering. Their suffering is not invalid just because they don't mean what they say explicitly; they are still implicitly communicating something important and still deserving of our concern.

I wouldn't try to tell you what to do, Canard but I will say that problems just require time. How you feel now is not forever and the potential for changing ones feelings to ones circumstances is very possible. We are never quite as stuck as we sometimes imagine we are. How you feel now will most likely not define your life. "

Coming from someone with no qualifications in psychology or sociology as far as I am aware, he does theology, I'm pretty sure I know who I am going with on that one.

You could be a proffesor in PsychosocialogicalIamamzingatthismindreading for all I care, that man has a more real outlook on peoples problems than you.

Edited by Matt Vandart

Ooooo. You're turning me on, this is like foreplay to me.

I'll start with Canardweb's shit because that's easier to deal with, from what I remember, I said he was attention seeking and wasn't going to do anything. Now unless someone has hacked him and is acting like him, I was right. I never said he didn't have problems. He obviously does to be posting about how he's going to kill himself on here. Why the f**k should I show empathy for someone I don't know? Simple as at the end of the day. Ben's reply is one of personal experience, personal experiences are shit when it comes to topics such as depression. Every mind is different, you should know this as you clearly think yours is better than everyone else's.

If he wanted help he came to the wrong place, if he would have come to me and said "Hey you might know something about this for X and Y reasons, can I just talk to you." My response would have been completely different.

Now onto the more fun stuff, why would you have to do any of those things? I've probably wrote about 1500-2000 words in this thread of accurate academia without having to do any reading, research etc. What difference do my qualifications make? 2nd year of a Forensic Psychology and Criminal Justice degree on for a 2.1, will probably come out with a 1.1 due to not really putting massive amounts of work in over the last year and going wrong on 1 essay that held a large proportion of marks. I know expected marks don't mean shit as well, but just so you know. So you could kinda say, this is my field?

I would never ridicule someone (Not anymore) for no reason, you insulted me, repeatedly in this thread, I finally turned it around on you and said something about it.

By the way, for someone claiming such vast intelligence, your English is terrible. Work on it, it seriously puts doubt on anyone's ability when they can't spell.

What Rainbird said was what I wanted, your thoughts on the psychology behind it, but let's not bother now. I want to cream over this.

Edited by MonsieurMonkey

:lol:

Luke it is not unrelated by any stretch.

I have explained why I cant write that paragraph at the moment, I don't have anything like the answers and almost definitely wont ever.

Mister Monkey:

Oh you are very wrong about Canardweb, because he did do something about it.

Also he came to exactly the right place as it turns out(thanks to Rich Pearson)

What difference do your qualifications make?

You a asked me what qualifications I had to have my opinion, I was merely asking, so I was interested in the same, rhetoric I believe it is is called.

In what way have you been insulted?

Any insult was not meant, possibly misinterpreted.

When have I claimed to be of such vast intelligence?

I have already said it is something you know many 'facts' about, I don't dispute that in any way.

Your posts are in no doubt (or were) intelligently written, interesting and worthy of discussing, that is until you took any form of criticism personally.

You are flying very high on your ego,just a bit of advice you will hit the ground one day.

I can spell perfectly well thank you, but I am not anal about it I haven't needed to spell correctly for a long time so I don't really bother about it especially not on informal shite like this.

English is terrible?

I would have to do those things because I don't know exactly the facts of the situation do you?

Why is this turning you on?

Why do you want to cream over this?

Are you weird?

Do you have mental difficulties?

Lolz

Shit like that works on kids bud.

Also Lolz that you would get insulted by anything on this particular forum, maybe that is because you havn't been here long or you are very insecure.

Edited by Matt Vandart

• 2 weeks later...