'hex'ceptional Bicycle And "fans"tastic Update

Duncy H

Rightio I've just received my bike and built it up, few things need sorting which is why i'm posting some pics to get feedback from you knowledgable people.

51f32258.jpg

1e00b7c4.jpg

74cbcc14.jpg

c4ea7012.jpg

First thing to be changed is the stem, hopefully at the weekend it will be swapped for a 90x35* system ex stem. Then when i get a front brake i will put both of the brakes on.

Can someone tell me if i have put the tensioner on right? It doesn't seem right to me, the chain is rather old though, it wants replacing.

First impressions were very good, even with the long stem, the few streety moves i tried came to me with ease, very pleased about that :) And brakless trialsy moves sempt good too.

Update:

Whacked on a new stem and some brakes and it made a whole heap of a difference, it's so fun to ride, really up my street. Still need to get used to it though only had a ride or two.

2d40130b.jpg

442ef2af.jpg

0b8da020.jpg

5063136b.jpg

I'm doing the national at bracken tomorrow so i debuilt it and then rebuilt it with my speedrace frame.

df8b6c24.jpg

aa2c3fc5.jpg

Would like to hear your opinions please :)

Edited by Duncy H
  • Like 1

cool to see the frame has finally arrived :) I've put a rubber inbetween chainstay and tensioner, as these sprung tensioners don't really stay in place, no matter how hard you tighten them.. at least mine came loose after a while and the chain had no tension anymore..

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6827/inspiredhexmai20113.jpg

Edited by Chris

in the beginning I had some problems with the drivetrain. the chain skipped.. maybe because it was too long and didn't have a proper tension. I removed some links and added the rubber. I couldn't run the chain the "correct way" anymore, but it finally worked then.

maybe the arm was too long? I think I have the long version which is for 15-20 teeth cogs. I had 15t.. the standard one for 13-17 teeth cogs might have worked better?

• 2 weeks later...