Realcousts

Pepo09

"Real" cousts and heatsink cousts are the same thing, why wont you people get it into your f**king heads?

no there not i dont think! ive seen both pairs on different bikes and have to see the 'real' cousts, work better then heatsink cousts.

If they are the same why don't they both perform or even look the same?, heatsink ones are gash compared to 'real' ones not supplied from heatsink

TrialProd Pads

too true!

"real" cousts look different because they are sanded (or similar) on all sides which gives a different shape and texture to Steve's.

Performance-wise, that could be down to the backings, how tall the pads are, what shape the pads are, rim grinds, brake set-up. The people who say one works better than the other are probably the same people who don't like TNN pads, I am suspicious of these people.

• Like 1

Thing i dont understand is, why would the person who supplies Heatsink ( which im guessing is someone from the Coust family ) want to sell Heatsink 'worse' compound? 1, it would make everyone think they're shit and give Coust Pads a bad name and 2 , I dont think he'd go to the bother?

Correct me if im wrong though :)

• Like 1

I haven't done a durometer test or anything on them, but in *my opinion* there is a marked difference between the two; as Ali stated this could be to do with any of the variables listed.

I haven't personally used TNN LGM's but I've seen two sets that were utter shite....again just what I have seen and not necessarily a proper experience of the pads as a whole, compound or the company.