Clarks Skeletal Disc Brake

Laurence--Trials

pulled the lever very very hard with all 4 fingers with a brake pad in between and its solid, no fluid comming out anywhere.

am i right in saying any bar clamp will fit the brake?

could i get this one? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=64920

I wouldn't mind modding the clamp if i have to..

Also if i brought this adapter would that make it 160 or 180mm? Sorry im clueless...

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Probably not. There's not gonna be much difference cause bar diameter is standard but there's gonna be small differences in bolt placement and angle and stuff.

True, i'm going to order a hayes one and if it doesn't fit i'll just mod it.

Will this work with an 160mm disc? Or 180?

If its +20 then i'll want an 180 disc... right? Ahhh confusing

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Water bleed? Wow.

But yeah, if you have IS forks they'll take a 160 with a standard calliper, unless that's +20/40 or whatever.

I'm amazed at how much effort you're putting into something that's going to be ultimately shit.

Water bleed is only to test for leaks.

Okay thanks :)

I'm not sure why its going to be shit, because the piston is about 20mm - ish.. the echo uses a 14mm.

Fair enough, thought that might be the case.

Had a propper read of all the reviews and i'm going to wait until i can speak to the guy who binned the brake, see what was wrong with it before i go about buying anything.. even then i might change the caliper on it. It looks to me like the reviews are all bad in 2010 but in 2011 they're good.. maybe they changed some things on the brake.. i'll see. Either way i got all my questions answered :)

Seriously dude, don't waste any money on it! Just keep saving up for something decent that you're not gonna have to f**k about with!

As for the calliper, for trials surely a smaller piston is gonna give you more bite + power? Push your fist into your palm, then push just one finger in with the same force, what can you feel more?

• Like 1

Seriously dude, don't waste any money on it! Just keep saving up for something decent that you're not gonna have to f**k about with!

As for the calliper, for trials surely a smaller piston is gonna give you more bite + power? Push your fist into your palm, then push just one finger in with the same force, what can you feel more?

The mono trial has a bigger piston at 25mm while the echo has one at 14mm, i spose the echo has more bite but the mono trial has more hold..

Water bleed is only to test for leaks.

Okay thanks :)

I'm not sure why its going to be shit, because the piston is about 20mm - ish.. the echo uses a 14mm.

this is why its going to be shit, as it works the same way for motorbike brakes. the smaller bore master cylinder, the more outright power the brake will have, but at the expense of feel. the bigger the bore, the more modulation you will have but less power. this is why the echo would be more suited to trials, as it will have alot more bite. and by the way, never use water in disc brakes as it will boil from the heat and bugger the brake up.

Fair enough.. i'll just buy a new caliper for it because i like the lever think it looks good and its got a SUPER long ever.

Dude. Seriously. What the actual f**k?!

Possible the most retarded logic ever. Aren't you always complaining about having no cash anyway?

I wouldn't like to be served by you if I walked into your halfords...

All the ones I've come across that had some sort of problem, we don't even deal with it. We just take a new working one off another bike and warranty the disc brake. Pointless spending so much effort and money on these.

The mono trial has a bigger piston at 25mm while the echo has one at 14mm, i spose the echo has more bite but the mono trial has more hold..

Echo pistons are 25mm too. The caliper is based on the Hope Trial caliper. The difference is the lever.