110Mm Spaced Pro 2

SamKidney

While trawling through the endless stream of Bike Pictures,

I came across Danny Swindlehurst's old Ice. The thing that I found intriguing was what appears to be a Hope Pro 2 up back.

I was wondering if anyone could shed any light onto how this came about and if you can still get hold of them?

onzaice005.jpg

gu26007.jpg

I'm presuming it's been modified? Home job or by Hope?

Would there be somewhere that could undertake the modification?

Just interested as they are bombproof hubs and I wouldn't mind one myself, especially if I could get hold of the 36h hub and use my old urban rim :)

Cheers.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

Thinking about it, wouldn't this be a good road for hope to go down?

I know most riders run FFW setups these days, but surely they could expand into the BMX market?

This hub without disc tabs would be massively popular, down to reliability alone.

Hope produced one or trials specific 116mm screw on hubs too.

I know a rider not too far from me who's running one.

Thinking about it, wouldn't this be a good road for hope to go down?

I know most riders run FFW setups these days, but surely they could expand into the BMX market?

This hub without disc tabs would be massively popular, down to reliability alone.

Hope produced one or trials specific 116mm screw on hubs too.

I know a rider not too far from me who's running one.

It would of been done by now if they thought it was money making. Still, wouldnt mind one myself... :shifty:

Yeah, My old man's got a lathe so I could get him to shorten the cassette body and the axle for me. Just a bit unsure about relocating the outer cassette bearing and whether there would still be enough room to cut a new thread for the lock ring. The one in the pics looks like it might have the lock ring on the outside. Think my old odyssey hazard cassette hub may have had something similar on the original driver. If anyone's got any more pics they can put up, especially any work in progress shots, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Chris Borneo

Ed Potts did one of these. It might have been an XC or a Bulb 'cause it was a pretty long time ago, but it started out life as a 135 and got machined down to 110/116.

Probably not this exact one, but yeah - you'll have to find someone to modify one rather than find a shop selling them if you want one.

• 1 year later...

Hope flip-flop hub. Not really in production, yet. Allows either singlespeed-with-disc setup or fixed (no brakes innit) setup. Goes down to a 15T sprocket

i am asuming this will be 120mm for track use

http://singletrackworld.com/2013/01/the-london-bike-show-2013-big-report-1/

http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/01/BENJI-4235-640x424.jpg