Why Has My Rb Lever Cracked On The Lever Blade?

Laurence--Trials

• 3 weeks later...

The f**k? I'm replacing a part because its broken this time, its not going to make my brake better/worse. I just want a brake that doesn't leak.

I would guess that if a brand new magura leaked when using oil you would send it back under warranty? :)

Name me a product that EVERYONE has only good things to say about.

Silence.

Exactly. Buy a Magura, if it leaks send it back, but you have to make your own mistakes, own choices and learn from your own experience some day.

Keep using it, you'll be able to tell when it's about to snap. Probably.

My RB snapped just as I was preloading to sidehop over a rail! Haha made it over still and somehow the lever ended up about 20 foot away! The old style RB's are like 10 years old. Its not gonna last forever.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=52426

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=52427

Are you not seeing what we are seeing?

On a related note, I think you have my old RB lever, which was Pat Donovans' before that, and Dave Kerrs after me (he did the mod to the clamp)

Those levers must be well quacked by now.

All RB rim brake levers have that knob.

Afraid Ghostrider's right, Matt. It's the disc lever that doesn't have the knob.

haha this is a funny thread, laurence.. your levers cracked, fragile and modded to f*ck to save the tiny-est bit of weight. You may aswell replace the f*ckin thing and have confidence in a new lever.

The 2011 magura lever i had was a beast! buy azarathals 2011 and be done with it? and no they dont leak, theres been a handful that have for some random reason, but if they do, you literally just re-bleed it and the leak stops.

sorted...

Edited by Carlperkins
  • Like 2