Pahley Project

Robq7653

well after 9 years out i have since found a recent craving to ride trials again, so i set my sights on a custom pashley 26mhz build. its coming along now just a couple of bits to fit then some tweaks.

spec to follow on completion but heres a picture so far will be more to follow by the weekend just wanted to introduce myself, rob from devon

74c61948.jpg

• Like 2

apologies its hung up at the moment will be doing more tomorrow so take better picture, looking good so far and trying to build it in the style of its era roughly

so far is pashley 26mhz frame and fork, magura sidehop front and rear, hope headset, art stem, middleburn cranks, mavic rim with hope hub front, crank brothers cobalt bb, mavic with hope hub rear and sora 8 speed cassette, hope skewers, octane bars, ragley grips,sram grip shift, dmr v12 pedals. most of it for the time being and can't wait to get out on it. anybody else ride local'ish to paignton

Edited by Robq7653

i have no idea how thos frame rides

but i think they are the best looking/coolest/hardcore frame ever

and to be honest i don't either its the bike i always wanted when i was like 14 now im 24 and can afford it easily thought i would for fill that dream :)

similar geometry to the bike i used to ride but is feeling light, and snap i still love the look, timeless i think. maybe its just me lol

Change your rear "sidehop?" maggi mounts round so your pads can reach the rim!

its not set up yet the wheel i bought the spindle is too big so have to swap the hub maybe, i know though used to be and still am really fussy with my brakes. have to be spot on :)

That is a beaut. In pretty good nick too. Ive had two of those. I had white one origianlly. Frame number was 276 I think. That got replaced by a silver one. I have the silver MHz frame and two pairs of pashley forks in my shed, but cant bring myself to build it up for fear of trashing it. I got an old Echo ES3 of a similar vintage which rides almost the same. A little better on the back wheel than the Pashley. All the riding I do now, invloves falling off at comps and scraping around rocks, I dont mind wrecking the Echo doing this but the Pashleys always felt special. Id snap a GHz up though if one came up when I could afford it.

Yeh they are lovely looking bikes I absolutely loved them in my teens and chuffed I have one now to ride. The last owner said the same didnt want to trash it, and fair enough but it's a bike and should be ridden. It's in good nick a few minor scuffs nothing major but will be polished up and waxed before riding.

Tonight I found the back wheel does fit it just a bloody tight fit, so fitted the high rollers and tweaked the mags to perfection :) then fitted the fork extender as I couldn't run the stem I wanted or spacers but that's all done now polished one v12 then replaced the mashed pins on one pedal ( look nice to begin with at least lol) just a chain to fit, new cassette with gear cable and housing, crank bolts then shorten the hydraulic hoses bleed and true the wheels up.

Here's a few pics from tonight

2403b5cc.jpg

b1252c27.jpg

c5a5b4cb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks mate, I'm very fussy and took me a while going through every pashley build I could find but didn't see one I liked. Bugging me the seat though it's too dark a blue I think. May have to go black selle Italia I think, the slr xp maybe. Will take some better pics when it's complete with the slr. But I just want ride it :)

Thanks mate, I'm very fussy and took me a while going through every pashley build I could find but didn't see one I liked. Bugging me the seat though it's too dark a blue I think. May have to go black selle Italia I think, the slr xp maybe. Will take some better pics when it's complete with the slr. But I just want ride it :)

it looks fine your gonna be sitting on it anyway, when you get to your riding spot you'll probably be taking it out and putting a little plastic jobbie in anyway well that's what id do

I might try that later first. No their octane chem one's.

22db286b.jpg

Just a few bits until its finished but it's rideable. Can't seem to shuffle pics unfortunately but help appreciated, can't see edit on first post

Edited by Robq7653

I've had the octane one bars, they're big! You'll probably wanna take all those spacers out (try that first) or try a much lower stem, I found an 80/90mm x 10 deg with minimal spacers usually worked best with a pashley. They have long head tubes too which effectively stacks it up before you add any spacers.

Bloody nice bike though!

Edited by LEON

Shame you didn't cop one with the union jack headtube, top job on the of era build. I had a similar build with a mini seat, azonic double walls and use tfi's. Loved it but was really a street bike, i found it sluggish on the back wheel but was awsome for rolling moves and smooth to ride. Looked for one last autumn but ended up getting a 24. Still deciding if it was the right choice!

I'm still undecided on the seat myself still need to drop a spacer maybe from the headset. Been riding my giant more recently as got a 26mile off road ride coming up and well out of practice. But hopefully get a ride on the pashley during the week. I prefer it without the union jack to be honest only a bit mind. Hopefully got some try all elite cages turning up from Shaun Stephenson. Cheers though guys I'll get some proper pictures taken when I get the hoses sorted and some time lol