The Car Thread

MadManMike

The pictures everybody wants to see

Nearly everybody :P

Two short vids showing 'progress'...

September 2012, this was my quickest lap on that day:

And from Saturday, which was just one random clear lap I pulled out from the videos, and definitely went quicker than this later on:

• Like 1

I was nearly like you

18 years old, a driving licence for a year, it cannot be that bad!

Lets look at a car like a 200sx, 150 Hp, so not too much, but cool and cheap and old...

£15.000

The Merc I found was only £1795: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C514393 which isn't too bad really for what it is.

So the Mini apparently only needs a thermostat housing and radiator. The problem is now deciding whether to spend the money on them doing it, which would happen tomorrow or whenever I can get the parts to them, or to do it myself... Seems simple enough, but it's time out of a day and if anything goes tits up I'm going to be in trouble...

The Merc I found was only £1795: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C514393 which isn't too bad really for what it is.

I was not talking about the car price either... let me make a quote for you

So

17 yo

Full licence

student living at home

no NCB

your car, your insurance etc

third party fire and theft

£5.500 (for girls like)

£9.800 for you/annual

it is not the car that is expensive

I am 20, have driving licence for 3 years, an I am driving a 1.0l corsa under my dad 6 NCB for a reason.

I was not talking about the car price either... let me make a quote for you

So

17 yo

Full licence

student living at home

no NCB

your car, your insurance etc

third party fire and theft

£5.500 (for girls like)

£9.800 for you/annual

it is not the car that is expensive

I am 20, have driving licence for 3 years, an I am driving a 1.0l corsa under my dad 6 NCB for a reason.

How much are you paying for yours?!

I made a fake account on confused.com and even said I had a licence for less than a month and for fully comp, the cheapest was £670. That was from FLUXDIRECT. I wish they took into account how much experience you have though because Ihave been getting driving lessons for a year now and I'm 14.

Do you live in a pretty remote area, and have a garage to keep it in or something? Just asking in that that kind of thing would probably lower the cost of insurance quite a bit...

I live in the beautiful Malvern hills if that counts? (but our car gets left on our road)

The quotes I got for the merc were as follows: £670 per annum, £670 per annum, £1544.43 per annum, £1914 per annum and so forth. They were all for fully comp and for someone who had only passed their test a month ago.

Edit: I did try and post a pic but it wont let me cause of advertising I think :/

Edited by TOMTRIALS123

Worth a shot even as a mock up engine for test fitting? Might be useful as spares I guess? Haven't got the space/time to start the 1.8T project yet as i'm doing up the house but at that price I guess it can sit outside waiting for when i'm ready...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-1-8T-ENGINE-SPARES-OR-REPAIR-/271532828929?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f389e2901

Edited by CurtisRider