Mini's On The Trials Forum

Tom Booth

Placed an order on Sunday, it was a special offer so i just couldn't help it!

E14B2292-9E2A-486F-A40F-56A132BB2587-8478-0000069B6DDFC3FE.jpg

7485C751-FCE5-41C6-A6A8-1437D8B38CBA-8478-0000069B49E60D1D.jpg

Old english White 4.5 optional Copper steels. I only paid £25 each for them but was a little unconvinced by them.

Then I tried them on.

E5C8E649-9084-4D67-B46F-FC3782E9ED3C-8478-0000069B3810CF1C.jpg

It is so pleasing how close these hug the 7.5's! I am well chuffed, can't wait to get some rubber on them and get them all set up!

They fit inside my old 13"s

E874070E-802E-4197-B23E-C4B99950FD13-8478-0000069B2081A6CC.jpg

Yeah I made it, didn't do the trade stand though, as this bloody ex-miglia thing's still not done, so it was purely a social visit, nice to be there without any pressure though, I managed to have a good look around and see a few friends. It was a good show, and the weather was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Long time no posts!

I'm having mixed thoughts about taking the mini off the road, it basically changes when the weather changes :P if I do keep running it I reckon I'll try and drop in a 1275, so if anyone knows of one available give us a shout.

Anybody know what sort of weight you can get a mini down too without going extreme?

Around 650kgs is quite achievable with selective parts I think.

I've done nothing with mine recently. Someone was supposed to collect it at the start of September to do some work on it for me but he didn't turn up till yesterday. Told him not to bother as its taken him this long to collect it I don't want the same story when I want it back...

• 1 month later...

Have a picture of Kermit - think I've hidden the honda lump pretty well! Going to shove some fine mesh behind the grill, just to hide the engine a bit more!

Front end needs a proper paint job, but waiting for my arches and everything first...

56828_4761324071669_114357476_o.jpg

Edited by DrDoom
  • Like 1

B16 - allspeed frame... Cant get it running atm due to a dodgy dizzy, but when it did run, it drove really well on a little test drive! Handles just like a mini, and the power delivery is very simillar to an a-series with lairy cam- all at the top end, and you never seem to reach full throttle!

Not done anything to mine in a long time, except drive it.

Got a problem though, it's not there all the time though, a noise appears when moving at very slow speed, obviously happens at certain points in a turn in the driveshafts and sounds a bit metal on mentally, not affected by braking or turning and can't find any obvious play in the wheels. Not had any time recently to have a propped look.

If its a big problem I'll probably take it off the road finally as it will kind of give me an excuse to.

It's a wheel bearing, again!

Ok this ones lasted about 4-5months but even still they should surely last longer? This is not using fancy timken bearings btw.

Also insides of my two front tyres are worn out but the rest is mint :( there's a big pothole on the lane up to work and I got forced to go down it about a month or two ago and it was quite a thump, might have sent the tracking out and caused it :/

Really cba with spending any money on it though,cause I'm trying to save for a new car/van and this just means I take a step back, where as I can do all this when I come to strip the mini down.

Hey guys,

Had an Mini towed into work on the back of a transporter last week for a guy here to have a look at. ( He doesnt actually work for the garage i do, he rents a part of thr workshop ). It has been sat for 10 or so years and never been started since. Obviously it didnt start on button. He put a new coil on it and a set of leads and it fired up and sounded sweet as a nut. Its an auto and has done roughly 43k. We put it on the ramp, and the floor panels are absolutely rotten. Few other small things but i cant really remember. Basically, from what you can see and what I've said, what would be a good price to offer? Is it worth the hassle?

All advice is appreciated massively as its very temping to buy..

post-23842-0-30680500-1353173480_thumb.j

post-23842-0-11691700-1353173524_thumb.j