Tf Computer Nerds (Gamers, Overclockers, Server-Ists Etc)

Muel

Is your resolution set to either 1920x1080 or 1920x1200?

If so, that monitor probably has an "auto" button. Press that.

If not and you can't change it, do you have your graphics card drivers installed?

• Like 1

Meh, I would have made the same mistake a couple of years ago.

I'd right click on the desktop and goto screen resolution. Make sure your resolution is set to 1920 by 1080. If it is you're all set and good to go!

Sorry man, I am a complete chump when it comes to computer tech. Could you enlighten me on how to complete such a task?

Google how to disable hibernation file, I believe it's known as hibfile.sys. Search for either of those terms and you should get step by step instructions, it's very, very easy :)

rear fan is not necessary, I do not have either

My airflow is working from bottom to top, while the 14 cm fan on the CPU is powerful enough to exhaust enough air on the back and the top fan helps as well

the difference with no rear exhaust fan was 3 C degree at 100% load for me (36-39)

and my PSU bottom mounted too so that does not help, and I do not need it either

Oh Joe O'Connor you made me chuckle :giggle:

How long have you had the graphics card in there?

Well I am glad it made someone other than me laugh haha.

Well I bought the computer on the 15th of January 2013 and up until now I never knew that HDMI port was there.... So my graphics card has been sitting unused for nearly a year now haha.

Also... why don't you have a rear exaust fan?

Because the dude at the shop when I bought it never told me I needed one?

Well I am glad it made someone other than me laugh haha.

Well I bought the computer on the 15th of January 2013 and up until now I never knew that HDMI port was there.... So my graphics card has been sitting unused for nearly a year now haha.

Because the dude at the shop when I bought it never told me I needed one?

Wow that long? That's crazy. How come you even bought a computer with a graphics card if you went a year without even needing it?

Does your case have any fans front side or rear?

Is that an antec case? Looks very similar to the antec ones I built for work. Those ones came with 3 x 120mm fans, two in the top and one in the back, controlled by a couple of slider switches on top of the case.

For reference the 4770k i7s @ 4.2ghz run at 32°C idle given an office ambient of 25℃ and have peaked at 56℃, that's with all case fans on slow speed. If it is one of the antec cases I don't think you will have any issues with not having the rear fan unless your cabling is really messy.

Wow that long? That's crazy. How come you even bought a computer with a graphics card if you went a year without even needing it?

Does your case have any fans front side or rear?

To be completely honest with you, as this is the first ever computer I have had built up for a specific purpose, I was always under the impression that the graphics card was all internally inside the tower and it was all connected from inside. I never knew that I had to plug into it myself from the outside.

The last 11 months I have always assumed that my graphics card has been working haha... I just thought something was up and it wasnt working properly. I've made two lyric videos on this computer and done a decent amount of multiplayer on Red Orchestra 2 and its always been better than any other computer Ive ever used. Now its doubley better :D

It has a 12cm front fan

You must have been so disappointed with the performance of your graphics card :P can't stop chuckling at the idea of it being just there for a whole year

Chuckle all you want! Ive been laughing at myself the whole time.

Yeah man, I was so disappointed in it. The warranty was coming up to expire in a month so I wanted to sort it out ASAP, Ive spent literal weeks trying to find out what is wrong. Gone into shops to ask and asked sooooo many people. If TF didnt know what was wrong I was about to hard reset it and if that didnt work I was going to take it back in and get it replaced or something hahahaha.

So glad all I had to do was move a cable.

Is that an antec case? Looks very similar to the antec ones I built for work. Those ones came with 3 x 120mm fans, two in the top and one in the back, controlled by a couple of slider switches on top of the case.

For reference the 4770k i7s @ 4.2ghz run at 32°C idle given an office ambient of 25℃ and have peaked at 56℃, that's with all case fans on slow speed. If it is one of the antec cases I don't think you will have any issues with not having the rear fan unless your cabling is really messy.

I only ever got a real basic tower because I didnt need some big fancy thing, In later days (When I have money) I might upgrade the case. It currently has a Cool Master K350 tower. Which as a 12cm front fan and apparently, a nifty red LED which just seals the whole deal

To be completely honest with you, as this is the first ever computer I have had built up for a specific purpose, I was always under the impression that the graphics card was all internally inside the tower and it was all connected from inside. I never knew that I had to plug into it myself from the outside.

The last 11 months I have always assumed that my graphics card has been working haha... I just thought something was up and it wasn't working properly. I've made two lyric videos on this computer and done a decent amount of multiplayer on Red Orchestra 2 and its always been better than any other computer Ive ever used. Now its doubley better :D

It has a 12cm front fan

Chuckle all you want! Ive been laughing at myself the whole time.

Yeah man, I was so disappointed in it. The warranty was coming up to expire in a month so I wanted to sort it out ASAP, Ive spent literal weeks trying to find out what is wrong. Gone into shops to ask and asked sooooo many people. If TF didnt know what was wrong I was about to hard reset it and if that didnt work I was going to take it back in and get it replaced or something hahahaha.

So glad all I had to do was move a cable.

I only ever got a real basic tower because I didnt need some big fancy thing, In later days (When I have money) I might upgrade the case. It currently has a Cool Master K350 tower. Which as a 12cm front fan and apparently, a nifty red LED which just seals the whole deal

It won't be double better, it'll be 20 times better! :)

It's good that it has at least 1 case fan to keep the air moving.

This is why it's a good idea to build your own PC rather than having someone else build it for you, it's really easy to do and you learn a lot. I doubt you'd have made this mistake if you'd have built it yourself.

It won't be double better, it'll be 20 times better! :)

It's good that it has at least 1 case fan to keep the air moving.

This is why it's a good idea to build your own PC rather than having someone else build it for you, it's really easy to do and you learn a lot. I doubt you'd have made this mistake if you'd have built it yourself.

Haha yeah, its legit fast now.

Do you think it would be wise to invest in another fan?

That is true. However I had/have no idea at the complexity of doing so so I just got the people at the shop to do it.

f**k me, you specced it all yourself? I'm honestly surpsised that the CPU fit the motherboard! :P

Seriously though, I can't imagine the exctiment you're having now you've got such a big free upgrade!

Not really. I got it custom built but under the advice of the guy from the shop. They sell pre-built computers but they also do custom builds which end up being cheaper and better. I told him what I wanted to do and he told me what I needed. We discussed it a bit but it was mostly him telling me what I need because I dont know what I need. The shop built and tested it, no way in hell I was going to do that myself! Haha.

Dude I am ecstatic! Hahaha.

This should go down in TF history.

I would be honored! :P

I do not want to open a new thread so I just write here

after 5 month with my Zperia Z, I decided to move on as it is criminally bad, the screen is bad quality, the battery is plain horrible, and even though the kitkat itself is lighter than jellybean, somehow they managed to make it buggier, slower, and even more a battery killer.

So I am looking for a high quality flagship phone, as i do loads of work on my phone, and i want the ebst quality out there

so far I will get HTC M8, what do you think about this phone?

Since you say you do a lot of work have you thought about a tablet of some sort? Surely the large screen size would be useful, unless you don't want to carry around another thing with you. Are the apps you're using multi-platform too? Last thing you want is whatever you decide on can't do that one thing you need the most.

Edited by weirdoku

Since you say you do a lot of work have you thought about a tablet of some sort? Surely the large screen size would be useful, unless you don't want to carry around another thing with you. Are the apps you're using multi-platform too? Last thing you want is whatever you decide on can't do that one thing you need the most.

Lots of work mainly consist of:

Loads and Loads of phonecalls

Netbrowsing (it is more for school)

storage to store phone calls (like 150 per weekend)

screen to watch movies on my commuting (2 hrs per day)

there are no really special apps, I want android, as I like the fact that I can create programs for myself quickly, and I want to use it as a internet device/storage device for my laptop

I do not see the point for a tablet, as I need my phone to have clear calls, capabilities to work 10 hours flat out with calls, I do not need large workspace, but when I need it, I need beefy components with x86/x64 architecture, loads of RAM and dedicated graphics card for some special programs

and I want to surprise myself as I achieved many great things this year, I think I deserve an awesome phone for a year or more :$

10 hours flat out?? What smart phone out there that can do that right now?? You need beefy components and dedicated graphics card? Maybe a laptop would be a better option no?

at the weekend I am in an office, sitting in front of my company PC, while calling loads of people all around UK and ireland. There is a charger there, so its not a problem, but after a while this phone gets really hot, like uncomfortably hot.

I do have a PC and a Laptop too, for the electronics/programming stuff, the laptop is actually dedicated to this

Honestly I just want to justigy a high end phone, but in the end, i think it will be a good present as a "celebrating achievements " and XX birthday present :)