Rio 2016 Logo

tomturd

It's always good to get the insight in to how a final design is reached but despite their combined efforts, ethos and intent it still looks like a generic bag of wank. it's the same old tired Olympic logo style. I assure you as much thought will have gone in to the 2012 logo and whilst it is exceptionally ugly and challenging i'd rather that then another bland, forgettable attempt. You should see the thinking that's gone in to the associated typeface.

Sometimes the best thoughts and concepts aren't enough when the final aesthetic is still so lacking.

It's always good to get the insight in to how a final design is reached but despite their combined efforts, ethos and intent it still looks like a generic bag of wank. it's the same old tired Olympic logo style. I assure you as much thought will have gone in to the 2012 logo and whilst it is exceptionally ugly and challenging i'd rather that then another bland, forgettable attempt.

This makes me angry. These Rio chaps actually appear to be fairly intelligent, creative people and have created sometging meaningful on several levels. I'd say generic bag of wank is so far from the mark you can't even see tge mark. I also sincerely doubt that anywhere near as much thought went into the shit stain that was the 2012 logo. Sure there may well have been as many meetings held about it but I inagine the difference was that our logo was 'designed' by a bunch of speccy self righteous retards telling each other how wonderful each others blue sky thinking was while sucking on a mocha frapaccino or some cack.

• Like 1

I also sincerely doubt that anywhere near as much thought went into the shit stain that was the 2012 logo. Sure there may well have been as many meetings held about it but I inagine the difference was that our logo was 'designed' by a bunch of speccy self righteous retards telling each other how wonderful each others blue sky thinking was while sucking on a mocha frapaccino or some cack.

This makes me angry. those English chaps, put a lot of time and effort into there design I'd say "shit stain" is far from the mark. someone spent a lot of time on that "shit stain" and it really isn't fair to disregard such people, purely because on a personal level you prefer the Rio logo. you don't even know who designed our logo or whether they even like frapaccino.

I like the Rio logo though, the 3 people are cool I like the Blue one most he seems nice.

I think far to much money was/is put into the whole Olympics. they definitely should have let a few kids design the logo and used the existing stadiums. I also think the paralympics should be broadcast nationally as well, I also think the Paralympics should be a part of the Olympics, it's not fair. I don't like it.

• Like 1

This makes me angry. those English chaps, put a lot of time and effort into there design I'd say "shit stain" is far from the mark. someone spent a lot of time on that "shit stain" and it really isn't fair to disregard such people, purely because on a personal level you prefer the Rio logo. you don't even know who designed our logo or whether they even like frapaccino.

I like the Rio logo though, the 3 people are cool I like the Blue one most he seems nice.

I think far to much money was/is put into the whole Olympics. they definitely should have let a few kids design the logo and used the existing stadiums. I also think the paralympics should be broadcast nationally as well, I also think the Paralympics should be a part of the Olympics, it's not fair. I don't like it.

Well put. I agree with the logo being designed by kids, maybe get all the schools in the country to design a logo and the best one gets picked?

Can't believe how let down the Paralympics is, at the end of the Olympics they kept saying "well that's it until Rio!" annoyed me cause the Paralympics is still on?...

This makes me angry. These Rio chaps actually appear to be fairly intelligent, creative people and have created sometging meaningful on several levels. I'd say generic bag of wank is so far from the mark you can't even see tge mark. I also sincerely doubt that anywhere near as much thought went into the shit stain that was the 2012 logo. Sure there may well have been as many meetings held about it but I inagine the difference was that our logo was 'designed' by a bunch of speccy self righteous retards telling each other how wonderful each others blue sky thinking was while sucking on a mocha frapaccino or some cack.

No think about what I said...I never accused them of not being intelligent or creative. Their creative process isn't that radical - it's fairly standard practice for such a big job but my point is that despite their intentions and well thought out meaning, aesthetically, the logo is horrid. You can justify a concept as much as you want but if it looks nasty it isn't entirely successful (just like the 2012 logo). Quite honestly the only difference between the Rio identity and the London 2012 is the fact you like the Rio one. There's nothing blasé ever about creating identity work on this level but people tend to judge it on just whether they like it or not in terms of it's appearance. It almost seems a role reversal now that you're pro an identity that you've had some first-hand justification for when you'd disregard the same information towards the 2012 identity purely because you didn't like its appearance.

Also the slightly cliched designer generalisations are a bit tired. On a graphic designer level rarely do people kiss one anothers arses - it might work on a bigger corporate art director level but it's a bit lazy to use a glasses-coffee comment for the 100000000th time. I stand by the Rio being 'generic' and I also stand by the 2012 logo being 'ugly' - but I prefer their overall approach as it was entirely different to the given norm.

For the record I wear glasses when I work, and I do enjoy a well made coffee so I suppose my comments are slightly biased as I'm just a speccy self righteous retard - but i'll have it know I prefer a macchiato over a frapaccino.

Paralympics in 'being a seperate event' shocker. The F1 shows don't cover all the support races...

that's like saying Match of the Day doesn't cover the lowest leagues of football.

my point is why, can the Olympics claim it's for "everyone" when they clearly disregard all the Paralympians by making them outcasts of the Olympics, why does the biggest sporting event in the world (which biggest selling point is "bringing everyone together"), cut out the paralympics from the main event. The answer to this I'm guessing is that the olympics was created by the greeks with their "perfect human body and mind" set up and they want to keep it traditional. which is a load of rubbish.

Paralympians put in the same effort and commitment as Olympians why don't they get the same recognition.

• Like 1

that's like saying Match of the Day doesn't cover the lowest leagues of football.

my point is why, can the Olympics claim it's for "everyone" when they clearly disregard all the Paralympians by making them outcasts of the Olympics, why does the biggest sporting event in the world (which biggest selling point is "bringing everyone together"), cut out the paralympics from the main event. The answer to this I'm guessing is that the olympics was created by the greeks with their "perfect human body and mind" set up and they want to keep it traditional. which is a load of rubbish.

Paralympians put in the same effort and commitment as Olympians why don't they get the same recognition.

They are completely seperate events. Not only that, but you can still buy tickets to the Paralympics - if people dont even want to go see it live then it won't be as big a draw televised. As always, back to money.

Plus, we've all had a sneak peak at the Paralympics with the farce that was letting Pistorious run in the 'normal' Olympics.