Monty Kamel 231 2012

Canardweb

Hello.

So this is my latest bike. I got the frame from Giacomo. All specs are under the photos. I hope you like it!

269012_3320539306374_1367334450_n.jpg

Monty Kamel 231 2012 double HS33 full titanium bolts.

Geometry: 1085; +55; 380; 71,5°

Weight: 9 kilos

564425_3320539666383_2018034948_n.jpg

Rockman Spade forks, Try-All brake clamps, Ellen titanium bolts, Trialtech Sport in CNC backing pads and post 2005 Magura HS33 brakes.

148891_3320539826387_986790358_n.jpg

Monty FSA headset.

Kenda Karma (400g) front tire on Rockman single wall rim built onto a Try-All H100 hub with Sapim light spokes and Ellen titanium hub bolts.

422966_3320540066393_143629878_n.jpg

Post 2005 Magura HS33, Ellen titanium bolts, Try-All CNC TPA on Try-All Karbon bars with French iD foam grips.

389820_3320541626432_521602235_n.jpg

Monty "carbon" stem with titanium bolts except at the handlebars clamp. (This clamp needs to be super tight with Try-All Karbon bars so I prefered putting black steel bolts.)

304386_3320541146420_1884764482_n.jpg

The Legendary Monty 231 Kamel frame signed by Cesar Canas!

76511_3320540746410_1750406133_n.jpg

Try-All lite rear tire on Rockman single wall rim built onto a Bonz Pro Lite rear 135 mm splined hub with Sapim light spokes and Ellen titanium hub bolts. Try-All "old-gen" snail cams.

393295_3320540426402_1814153070_n.jpg

Trialtech Z610 HX 3/32" chain, Echo SL freewheel with Trialtech half bashring onto Try-All Lite cranks with Trialtech Sport Lite bottom bracket and Ellen 10mm titanium crank bolts. Echo SL titanium axle pedals.

Try-All brake clamps, Ellen titanium bolts, Trialtech Sport in CNC backing pads and post 2005 Magura HS33 brakes.

I hope you like it. Comments are welcome!!!

• Like 2

Funny thing I noticed is that you have every bolt in titanium exept two rusty bar clamping bolts lol.Anyway,what´s the stem geo?I like them,but I think they were known for breaking/cracking.

Edit:you mentioned those bolts,but you could at least get rid of that rust hm?

Edited by ghostrider88
  • Like 1

It probably would look better rawed, but it has a fairly dialed spec to make it unreal as a machine to ride

I really like the paintwork so I shall keep it that way thanks! ;)

whats the weight of the frame? because it seems to have a really good, light weight spec but its come out at 9kg..

Pretty good looking machine you have there though.

The frame is 1,8 and is probably undentable!

Thought you kept preaching that mods were better to everyone and their fathers lol.

I never ever said that, I said mods were awesome! I still think they are. But that bike rides like a giant mod so it's even more perfect ;)

Funny thing I noticed is that you have every bolt in titanium exept two rusty bar clamping bolts lol.Anyway,what´s the stem geo?I like them,but I think they were known for breaking/cracking.

Edit:you mentioned those bolts,but you could at least get rid of that rust hm?

The stem geo is 160 mm x 24,8°! I had never heard of one breaking or cracking so I am always watching it when I ride now! I'll be careful and will let you know. Although I have already used it for like 3 months on the ZHI team 26" and 4 months on my mod it stills doesn't show any sign of fatigue. As I said thanks I'll watch it! As for the bolts yes, I remove regularly the rust and it's pretty diffcult to do! Have you got any tips on how to do it by the way?

Thanks for all the positive and numerous comments! It's nice from you all!

Love the Monty frames such a nice bike shame hardly anywhere does em anymore guess i better wait n see what 2013 is gonna be like

You can't find the Monty bikes a lot because you can only get them directly from Monty or from someone sponsored. It's just Monty's politic now so I don't think it will change...

Get stainless steel bolts for Ur stem matey if u get me some sizes I cant get them from work and send them over to you buddy ?

This is awesome man! I will send you an MP straight away!

How did you put trialtech pads in those backings (removing and assembling ?) ?

Just put the pads in boiling water and remove the material with a sharp knife or something like a thin screwdriver. Then cut the edge of the pads so it can fit inside CNC-ed backings. Then use some glue inside both the backings and on the material to stick the material inside the CNC backings. Then put one pad against the other and put them both in a vice. Leave the glue to cure for 48 hours and the pads are done!

Saw this on facebook yesterday. Paint job and graphics makes the frame looks so much sweeter than that horrible OTT Black and Gold paint job.

When will the final frame officially come out as we know that Giacomo is riding a proto with longer wheelbase and higher bb?

Saw this on facebook yesterday. Paint job and graphics makes the frame looks so much sweeter than that horrible OTT Black and Gold paint job.

When will the final frame officially come out as we know that Giacomo is riding a proto with longer wheelbase and higher bb?

I already ansewered to you on Facebook. Giaco is riding that exact frame. What you call "his proto" is the same frame as mine but with a different paint job. He has been riding a proto when he had just signed with Monty but that was just Kenny Belaey's previous prototype with the Koxx Sky 2 geometry. He will be riding a new prototype soon though...

Never would be my guess.

You were quite right there haha ;)

Edited by Canardweb
  • Like 1

I already ansewered to you on Facebook. Giaco is riding that exact frame. What you call "his proto" is the same frame as mine but with a different paint job. He has been riding a proto when he had just signed with Monty but that was just Kenny Belaey's previous prototype with the Koxx Sky 2 geometry. He will be riding a new prototype soon though...

You were quite right there haha ;)

Well I don´t know where those rumours always come from...Anyways, is he still riding the same stem he had in this video?

if so,I think I will give it a shot.

• 2 months later...

Looks really nice! I have a 2012 Monty 231 and will put some photo's up when the frame comes back from the spray shop! You say you use standard bolts for the handlebar clamp, why couldnt you use ti? I am thinking about getting those bars instead of the trialtech high rise I have at the moment