Tnn Adms

Danny00135

Lgm well over rated, basically then just like cousts.

It seems like part of the hype for Cousts was that they were - for a while - pretty hard to get hold of, so they had that sort of mystique about them. It was always "I had a go on a friend's bike and they were amazing". That's not really the case with LGMs though where there's actually a lot of reviews by people using them themselves over a longer period of time.

But yeah, different people like different shit I guess.

Pads are one of those things that are 100% personal choice. I've had good results from LGMs and the 50mm backed coust pads from like 2005 but sold some Koxx Yellows within a day of buying them as I couldn't get them to work for shit. Others loved them. If they work for you, great. If not, thats the way the cookie crumbles. If you can't get anyhting to work for you, theres something you're doing that is wrong.

Pads are one of those things that are 100% personal choice. I've had good results from LGMs and the 50mm backed coust pads from like 2005 but sold some Koxx Yellows within a day of buying them as I couldn't get them to work for shit. Others loved them. If they work for you, great. If not, thats the way the cookie crumbles. If you can't get anyhting to work for you, theres something you're doing that is wrong.

Yea I understand that, but it not really the case for me as I don't tend to need an amazing brake to ride, I can ride with any brake

And I have had pretty much all the "best" pads over the years and never had a problem getting them to work

Almost every body who has a go on my bike gives it back saying how good my brakes are!!

I was thinking maybe they didn't work best on my rim but as mark just said what rims work now I know

There is to much of what marks saying about had a go on my mates bike with blah blah pads and it was best ever..... And to much loud means amazing

If all pads were silent then it would be a different story

But yeah, different people like different shit I guess.

I like my brake to work

nowt wrong with my cousts, and I'm 16 stone, and they hold rather well to say I'm johnny Vegas body double. never slipped on me. I'm with cox on this one, and quite a few lads I know swear by them. not as brutal as my heatsink yellows mind

• Like 1

I have Been using Adm's for around 8 months and there pretty good used them on my stock with a try all hole rim and on my mod with a with a try all and a echo tr rim

Echo tr's work a bit better as they hold a grind a lot longer

I am using some new prototype clear pads at the moment so far so good :D will get a video sorted soon

378207_3448027163883_919586380_n.jpg

• Like 1

So many people giving cousts shit. They obviously have never set them up right, or gave them a chance to bed in.

I guess it might be because people's expectations are raised because they've been getting rave reviews from people for years? I got mine because everyone kept going on about how they'd tried brakes with Cousts on that were awesome but mine were pretty average really. I had some Try-All green pads that I was pretty keen on and the Cousts just didn't really compare. They weren't 'bad' in the sense that they still worked, but other pads I've tried have just had more bite and hold, and I'd rather go for them instead. I've definitely used worse pads than the Cousts, but equally I've also used much better pads so I'd rather go for them instead nowadays.

Well, if I ran brakes anyway :P

I guess it might be because people's expectations are raised because they've been getting rave reviews from people for years? I got mine because everyone kept going on about how they'd tried brakes with Cousts on that were awesome but mine were pretty average really. I had some Try-All green pads that I was pretty keen on and the Cousts just didn't really compare. They weren't 'bad' in the sense that they still worked, but other pads I've tried have just had more bite and hold, and I'd rather go for them instead. I've definitely used worse pads than the Cousts, but equally I've also used much better pads so I'd rather go for them instead nowadays.

Well, if I ran brakes anyway :P

Yeah I think peoples expectations are a super good pad off the shelf with no maintenance at all... When the reality is, it requires a bit of maintenance but if you just keep an eye on it, make sure the brake set up well, good bleed, good grind then it's up there with the best.

• 2 weeks later...