Stretched Echo Tr Brake Clamps

Andeee

So the other week i was riding i did a flat to flat gap and as i landed my brake lever pulled all the way in. ( I nearly layed a stones worth of dog eggs haha)

To noticed the holes for my tr clamps where the bolt would go has stretched. Rather unusual and i have never come across this before.

Im going on the sheffield halloween ride tomorrow so a bodge was required!

Anyone come across this or similar and can anyone recommend some "Decent" brake clamps.

Heres the pics

602612_10151543872734572_114990402_n.jpg

229889_10151543872514572_508193020_n.jpg

Not exactly over tightening. More like monkey ali deng crap!

Never happend to a set of magura clamps with bottom halfs for top and bottom. ( As i ran them at one point)

Anywho a e-mail has been sent to Deng to see what he has to say as these clamps are only 4 months old.

Andy

Edited by Andeee
  • Like 1

Most likely Bogeymen did it. As i have explained a few times now it has not been over tightened.

The reason why i have put big washers on each bolt is just to be safe!

EDIT: Either way this sets another great example of Echo's quality of products. Most of his stuff naturally breaks within a 6 month or maybe less period. I've seen it with frames, forks, bars, stems, rims and allsorts.

I think he should really consider testing his stuff for a good period of time before releasing it onto the market.

Gonna give some TNN's ago.

Only thing am satisfied with is his echo tr pedals

Andy

Edited by Andeee

Most likely Bogeymen did it. As i have explained a few times now it has not been over tightened.

The reason why i have put big washers on each bolt is just to be safe!

EDIT: Either way this sets another great example of Echo's quality of products. Most of his stuff naturally breaks within a 6 month or maybe less period. I've seen it with frames, forks, bars, stems, rims and allsorts.

I think he should really consider testing his stuff for a good period of time before releasing it onto the market.

I don't think i could trust echo stuff as far i could throw it.

This is the only echo part on my bike well not anymore think am gonna give some TNN's ago. Never again.

Andy

you have echo tr platform pedals....

• Like 2

Andy

Most echo parts are built of great quility so either you are scared of admitting that you have over tightened it or you dont know your own strength :P

• Like 1

Most echo parts are built of great quility so either you are scared of admitting that you have over tightened it or you dont know your own strength :P

I wouldn´t say great but deffo very good, every deng part I had lasted very very long time. It´s just some people who can´t use them like they should what´s problematic.

The only other set Ive seen do this were Floyds, and he overtightened them. Many people use TRs with no problem.

Standard mag clamps combines with SL washers are the best combo ever mind. Although TNNs clamps are another favorite of mine. You literally only need to nip washerless clamps up just enough so that the cylinder doesnt rotate/slide in the clamps.

Did you use the bolt washers that came with the TR clamps? They have a too large inner diameter that sits too loose on the bolts' thread. It slides to the left or right and one side will have too small contact with the clamp and eat into it. It's better to install the bolts without these washers.

Edited by marko