Echo Disc Brakes Leaking!

Endza

I really think on average, Shimano are better than Hope these days. Hopes tend to fade after a while & no amount of rotors & pads will bring them back.

Even the entry level Shimano discs out perform at least the mid level hopes, and will perform for longer. Seals never seem to be an issue.

I've never liked any of the Hope trial discs, feel spongey, too much fancy cnc shit & flashy colours, not enough performance.

The Echo disc is just an inferior product, kill it. Or like above...put a cheap shimano lever on it.

I really think on average, Shimano are better than Hope these days. Hopes tend to fade after a while & no amount of rotors & pads will bring them back.

Even the entry level Shimano discs out perform at least the mid level hopes, and will perform for longer. Seals never seem to be an issue.

I've never liked any of the Hope trial discs, feel spongey, too much fancy cnc shit & flashy colours, not enough performance.

The Echo disc is just an inferior product, kill it. Or like above...put a cheap shimano lever on it.

You talking about Shimano 2012-2013 models?

I've got a 200mm hope on the front of my 24. With slow pistons, a shit bleed, bent rotor, disc mount isn't faced, shims aren't right and contamination it's still an amazing brake. Probably to do with the 200mm on a 24.

I had about 4 pairs of hopes on my mods though and they never worked even when set up perfectly.

You talking about Shimano 2012-2013 models?

Not really, I've got a dirt cheap m486 from about 2009, and it has worked flawlessly for the 2+ years I've had it, not even a rattly lever blade, and performance wise I'd say the very top of the range Hope discs only have slightly more power than this £40 Shimano job, and they age worse than a Limp Bizkit album.

I haven't used a Saint, but the fact that everyone wants or has them means I'd happily buy one without trying it out.

have a go on my mod, with an echo disk on the front and a shimano 2012 deore on the back. everyone who I ride with comments how good the echo is, and how much bite and hold it has. and the rear shimano is epic as well, and it's brand new.