Hope pro 2 shortening (dave33 help please) *finished pictures page 4*

Blake

Right, got Euan Beaden cutting down a hope pro 2 for my mod, everything's ready but we have one problem.

Because of it being shorter we have to remove one of the bearings (or is it 2 of them?) either way, they're what compresses the driveshell into the hub, so when we take them out, what do we use to press it all together?

Someone must know, dave33 will hopefully see this.

George.

Edited by DrStix

The freehub has two small bearings under the pawls then on the outside it has a spacer (remove this) and a larger bearing.

I am pretty sure you just machine the freehub so the outer bearing sits thurther into the body and rethread the shortened freehub body.

If you need a exploded view of the hub go to hope tech web site. There is loads on the tech docs

Ahh right! I can't wait to see this finished! I've seen it done once but it was a long time ago and I only saw one picture of it! Might be worth asking if anyone has the picture still :)

Joosh

Yeah i've seen pictures of swindlehurst's one, just hope euan figures out how to make this work 110%

post-24992-0-19955300-1359050192_thumb.jpost-24992-0-48203900-1359050226_thumb.jpost-24992-0-51962200-1359050271_thumb.j

Right, this is the finished product.

I've obviously done it differently to Danny, as I don't have a huge spacer next to it :P

I am pretty confident it will work, and have clamped it up right to check and all seems well.

Time to build the wheel and test it properly I guess.

If anyone wants an exploded view of this I shall endeavour to do some pictures tomorrow.

I've completely changed the inside of the freehub body.