Rear mod tyres

Duncy H

It's first time I've had a mod in years so I'm a bit out of the loop with tyres.

I used to like the old try-all tyres but they seemed to have stopped making them? I'm not too keen on spending £50ish on a tyre unless they really are worth it?

Then there's the cc or eagle claw, I've ran them both in the past but can't remember what they are like to be honest. I can remember not being amazed by either though.

I'm 90kg+ love my static gaps.. I'd consider myself prety alright at this trials business. .. I haven't pinched it yet.. I run a modest tube. Ive landed a few things and expected that unwelcome hissing of a pinch but it never comes. Grip is ace. I nostly ride street though.. but when ive played on rocks ive not been disappointed. It sheds mud well too. Wear rate is fair. You dont get alot of tread on the tyre though. Sidewalls feel good. Different to my creepy crawler... took a while to adjust to them but I'm definitely happy with the tyre.

Eagle Claw is definitely the best square block tread cheaper tyre for sure. The grip they have is awesome.
But If I had the money I'd go for the Try-All Lite. I ran one on my old Ice 2 and it's by far and away the best tyre I've ran. Bounced nicely, was stable, gripped so well and I didn't have a single pinch flat/puncture in the whole time I had it.

I'd choose that over the Monty Race tyre, just 'cos there's more tread.

Matt you don't understand, I'm from Yorkshire : p

I currently have a rear baldish cc, it's okay but will need replacing soonish. I bought a new front try all yesterday, they are awesome on stock front and mod front so thought I'd stick with that.

Unless I get those off flipp I think I'll wait it out and try these higher end tyres.

• Like 1

Slicked Try-alls are really really bad. I had no grip and I could seriously spin on a wet surface just pedaling, a bit like riding on ice. Total different story when they where new though, they where awesome! The thing I liked the most is the bounce, but I'm a fan oc CC aswell. I mainly run CC's though since I get them free.

One guy I ride with run that Monty race tyre and he seems really happy with them, he rather use them than the Try-alls and he's probably the best comp rider in A class (Class under elite here in sweden) so I guess they're good..

Adam is running a CC on his practice bike and it seems to be good.

He has Monty pro race front and rear on his comp bike but hasn't used it much so far. They are really light and do grip well. Can't comment on wear rate of the rear yet but he ran a front pro race for 6 months last year and its great.

i'm running CC's at them moment. I've run them with grip and completely slick, both in wet and dry. They hold up well.

Also used the Stiky Lite on the back and the grip on one of them is really good! Also run one slick too.

If you don't want to spend the extra money on a Stiky Lite then go with a Creepy Crawler they won't let you down!