Inspired Fourplay - Bar and Stem Combo?

Olly C

Hi people,

I'm interested to hear and see what bar and stem combo everyone runs on their Fourplays..

I have an '09 Fourplay Frame with new Inspired Team Forks and currently three stem choices none of which feel right to me!

It originally came with an "Onza Stubby" Stem of which I am unsure of the Geo (Anyone know of it?) but it looks like this:

post-242-0-76156200-1361449101_thumb.jpg

That felt too cramped and low for me so I swapped it over to a Toxsin one that had extra lenght but almost no rise, but that felt much worse.. >_<

I had one other stem to try which was an old ZOO! Mod stem (again usure of Geo, any ideas?) which has more rise and looks like this:

post-242-0-44871900-1361449465_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-46256200-1361449472_thumb.jpg

It feels better with the bars raised up more but still obviously not an ideal setup, I still cant bunnyhop it with much confidence or manual too well on it either which is why I bought the bike and how I see others ride them, it feels like something about my setup is holding my riding back so any help would be great (Y)

Cheers Olly.

Also I'm like 6ft1 if it makes any difference but I come from riding Mod then Stock then BMX and now trying my hand on 24.

My current line of thinking was to try something like this:

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_stems/bbb_forged/c41p11644.html

Probably the 110mm version? Although I'm not sure how different that'll be to the Zoo! Stem I currently have on it.. Or if the 90mm would be a better choice..

I'm riding 45mm of stackers with 90mm/35dregree stem and TT highrise bars. I'm just under 6 foot.

I really cant ride anything too low down now or too far out but some people can make it work.

Maybe try the Onza stem with more rise bars or the 90X35 stem like Ali just suggested.

525634_10151263630731426_1929076190_n.jp

Edit: Maybe I've got the 70 mm actually....

Edited by CalopS
  • Like 1

90X35 with spacers to give a really high front end

will feel a littler roomier than if it's low down plus you'll be able to bunnyhop and manual easier.

So the 90mm BBB Stem I linked should do the trick then..

I'm riding 45mm of stackers with 90mm/35dregree stem and TT highrise bars. I'm just under 6 foot.

I really cant ride anything too low down now or too far out but some people can make it work.

Maybe try the Onza stem with more rise bars or the 90X35 stem like Ali just suggested.

I've seen videos of your riding and saw how high your bars were and it looked comfortable to me too, same with Ben Rowlands setup, I also read how he had lower back pains from riding a low setup for years which is what I experienced heavily after just two rides with the lower stem on this :(

Question though, you seem to have the same forks as me, how in the world have you got that many spacers on??

Also if you check the 3rd picture of mine are my bars the High Rise Inspired or the normal ones would you say?

That zoo stem is far too long, Which is why you'll have problems manualing it and bunnyhopping it.

Not necessarily, I used to run a 90X10 with a lot of stackers (not sure exactly) and just changed to a Trialtech 130X25 and it feels really good for manuals and bunnyhops. Feels good for trialsy stuff too which is what i was wanting. (Y)

Just have a change and find what you like, majority do run 90X35 though, depends what you're looking for personally.

I think it depends on your riding to an extent too. I found a longer stem was OK for more straight-liney stuff (e.g. just doing a manual forwards or trials stuff), but for spins and more 'trick' sort of stuff a shorter stem felt a lot better as you're just more neutral on the bike rather than being stretched out.

The back pain could just be related to having not ridden that type of riding either recently or ever? Same as when you first start riding and you get random aches/pains that gradually go.

But yeah, 90x35.

Yea I know the usual aches and pains when I havent ridden in a month, but this was far worse than I've had before, the pains are still here a couple of months on, I'll ride though it I guess though..

They just haven't been cut down. With that headset 45mm of stackers was enough to top the steerer by a few mm (Y)

If you buy an Inspired Fourplay full build I'm guessing the forks have been cut down more than if you buy the Team forks seperately?

Mine came off a full build bike but dont appear to be cut down at all from what I can tell..

Not necessarily, I used to run a 90X10 with a lot of stackers (not sure exactly) and just changed to a Trialtech 130X25 and it feels really good for manuals and bunnyhops. Feels good for trialsy stuff too which is what i was wanting. (Y)

Just have a change and find what you like, majority do run 90X35 though, depends what you're looking for personally.

The zoo stem is an extra 30mm longer though?