My New Marino (spec and geo added)

isitafox

Well here's my new Marino built up.
It's only a temporary frame as it should have a spanish bb (I have an Echo ti waiting to go on) but should do for the time being on a cheapo Onza borrowed off Ogre!
Anyway, pics

IMAG0201_BURST002_zpsf97c5515.jpg
IMAG0204_BURST002_zps6b1e7325.jpg
IMAG0203_BURST002_zps055fae70.jpg
IMAG0202_BURST002_zpsa4c18f2e.jpg

EDIT: Spec is as follows-

Frame - Marino (obviously) 1065, 360, +70, 73°, 660 reach
Fork - Trialtech with topcap
Stem - Trialtech mod 150mm x 35°
Bars - Trialtech high rise with foam grips(all anodised gunmetal)
Headset - Echo SL in purple
Drivetrain - Trialtech 170mm cranks, ti halfring, SL FFW, 14t Echo splined sprocket, Echo purple cage pedals, Onza BB (for now)
Wheels - Front Zhi-L disc hub, rear Echo SL disc hub, Because rims, eBay cheapy purple nipples, Schwalbe Racing Ralph front tyre, Maxxis Super Tacky High Roller rear
Brakes - Echo calipers with purple bore cap and fittings, Shimano levers, Hope Trial 180mm rotors

Think that's it, I'll double check the geo when I pick it up from my inlaws tomorrow!

• Like 2

high hat´ing someone doesnt make it better,isitafox will be sorted out with a new frame and...erm...who was that slovakian guy that builds fine frames in no time?

ah,i understand,theres nobody.

sad sad.

sorry isitafox,but i think we got what he was intending to provoke here,i just couldnt resist to jump on.edit and delete as you like it

on with the topic about this seriously nice bike

have you planned to go for another colour for the replacement one,isitafox?

as you mentioned the silver didnt come out as wanted...

Edited by FamilyBiker

.erm...who was that English guy that builds fine frames in no time?

Jaf?

I'm sure your a really nice guy and all but quit sticking up for Marino all the time. He's been lazy / doing other stuff and his customer service is poor. End of?

More on topic related news.. Bike looks really nice! Liking the pink touches with the Bore caps on the calipers. Small, supple things make a big difference in my opinion.

Edited by Sam T
  • Like 1

It's a lovely looking frame.

But lets be honest here the welds are never that tidy looking, irrespective of having lots of work on 4 months is too long. If it's going to take that long he can refuse the work; or be realistic on his completion dates.

I can pretty much guarantee Josh@JAF would be able to make a better finished product, more accurate to design intent and from better materials in a much shorter time period. Your incessant brown nosing of Marino is a little tedious. His products are ok, but low prices and being a nice guy don't make up for less that ideal welds, inaccuracies with geometries and ridiculous lead times. It's not a way to run a business.

• Like 2

His work is very good for the price and the least problematic about marino...If he was able to make them within a month so you would recieve it in about 2months, he would be getting much more orders I guess. Anyways, he needs to change something like you suggested.

Right that's that cleaned up a bit. For the people who are interested the welds on the frame are actually really clean though there are odd bits like the seatstays aren't symmetrical where they join the top tube so one adjuster screw is easier to get at than the other, also the tyre (high roller) is really tight in the stays though I've never used one before so I don't know if they're overly big or not. The only other bits that bugged me were the disc mount holes didn't quite line up but that was easily rectified and the headtube could do with the inside chamfering to make it easier to fit the headset cups straight. The good thing about this is I'm gonna speak to Marino about my replacement frame and see if he can sort these bits out.

I've not had chance to have a proper ride yet or even bed the brakes in properly but from the little play I have had I'm really pleased with the geometry and think it feels superb with the bar and stem setup which was a major concern at first. Looking forward to getting out to my first Tyketrial later this month and seeing how I get on.

• Like 2