Tyre recommendation

Alex Dark

Heyho just looking for some advice;

Running a stiky lite rear an stiky front but looking to replace soon.

I've been looking fairly fruitlessly on the interweb, especially for a front tyre and have only found 3 that seem to fit the bill..... Does anyone know of any equal alternatives?

Ive looked at maxxis, panaracer intense, Hutchinson , continental and michelin ( what's on crc and wiggle anyway )

Front: sub 500gr, 45a or softer durometer, folding bead, 2.0-2.3 Hipefully around £30

Rear : as similar to my old tryall as possible ( probably just get the same again if not ) <£52

Found these: http://www.nextdaytyres.co.uk/details.aspx/CONTINENTAL-RACE-KING-MARK-II-MTB-26/165

which seem the closest so far

Cheers :)

Ali: I've heard this also, but as no one else lists the durometer I'm a bit stuck....

The maxxis beaver is ideal apart from the hard compound thanks though :)

Small block 8 Is something else I've tried and wasn't too impressed with ( too hard again )

you're going to struggle to find a super grippy front tyre at 500g, one option could be a Kenda Nevegal 2.1 stickee compound. It's 600g (still light) and grippier than most pure XC tyres though it's not quite Maxxis or conti DH compound.