Boston Marathon Explosions

David

That's what annoys me about all this. People picking up on the most stupid things, like the uniforms - if someone is about to commit a crime they generally wouldn't wear a f**kING UNIFORM.

And these images are clearly made by stupid people because they pick up on stupid details and always have multiple spelling mistakes. Not trying to go off on a grammar Nazi thing, but if someone can't even spell "Earpiece" then I'm reluctant to use their information as fact.

And as said, wow, a black bag with a grey strap... Can't imagine there being more than one of those at an event where there's thousands of people!

Really, all these questions you have are already answered.

That's what annoys me about all this. People picking up on the most stupid things, like the uniforms - if someone is about to commit a crime they generally wouldn't wear a f**kING UNIFORM.

And these images are clearly made by stupid people because they pick up on stupid details and always have multiple spelling mistakes. Not trying to go off on a grammar Nazi thing, but if someone can't even spell "Earpiece" then I'm reluctant to use their information as fact.

And as said, wow, a black bag with a grey strap... Can't imagine there being more than one of those at an event where there's thousands of people!

Really, all these questions you have are already answered.

But what if they was there because they had been involved in a drill telling them that it was going to be a fake event etc etc or they are just so bold that they know no one will question them.

There are numerous eye witness reports / statements being told that the authorities were telling everyone not to worry about the sniffer dogs, people on rooftops etc etc because it was just a drill..

http://www.storyleak.com/boston-marathon-eyewitness-confirms-drill/

And the fact he's holding the bag like that. I'd hold a bag like that if it was super heavy.

Cunning stunts can't even use the correct there and their haha

Ever thought why it could be so heavy ?

Please point them out to me

Edited by i like cunning stunts

When I've had my laptop or other expensive stuff in a bag, if I've been in a crowd or on a train or something I've carried my bag like that so I can make sure no-one's going through my stuff. Again, not saying anything one way or the other (seeing as I managed to get the Islam thing wrong before I'm defo not).

I realise it could be absoloutely anything in that bag to make it heavy but why hasn't he been questioned / mentioned? I thought thats what the people who are meant to be looking out for our welfare do?

How do you know he has not been questioned, or ruled out for whatever reason. The cctv/footage from around the area would have been painfully scrutinized.

It doesn't have to be something heavy. I was being a tourist in London and had a camera on top of some other stuff in a little rucksack, and when I was on the tube I carried my bag like that so someone couldn't open it and take it out.

He might not have been questioned by the police yet because they've been a little busy with some other things that you might have seen in the news which might make asking someone why they happened to hold their bag in their arms a lower priority.

I was replying to this point. How do you know he was alone, by the way? He appears to be laughing at something in the furthest right image which would suggest there could be someone outside of that tightly cut picture who he might be with, unless he's just a fruitcake and laughing at something he's imagined.

From the pictures he was alone holding the bag suspiciously too doesn't look right.

Edited by Rejoinder

I don't think the alternative is a complete lack of trust in everyone and everything but, instead, a lack of trust in those things that, upon analysis of specific evidence, etc. have been proved to be untrustworthy. What proceeds that is simply an openness to the possibility that certain assumptions you may have made could be incorrect regardless of how common or conventional they seem to be.

A further point is that conspiracies exist but just because one is true doesn't mean all others are. Again, everything has to be judged on its specific merits and validated or discarded with accordingly.

I don't think the media works in such a way that everyone is plotting to deceive you. It works in a much more subtle way and its propaganda isn't complete. Often there is just a trend to report things in certain ways such as focusing on governmental officials as sources of information or choosing the business world for their views on matters rather properly offering a diverse interpretation. There's no conscious choice, just a system of unexamined tendencies that protect profits and powerful interests. I find the mainstream media can offer very intelligent and accurate reporting. It's just that in particular areas of politics the tendency to protect power happens more. As soon as you consider media as a business and all the ties that brings, it makes sense.

That said, especially in the online age, there are quite a few mainstream media outlets (e.g. the Guardian, Independent) who have done things to try and 'out' big business or take politicians to task. Theirs is a relatively quiet voice amongst a screaming mass, but it's still there.

I still think even they act to narrow the range of discussion unfortunately. Their general support of the Iraq war despite its obvious illegality and lies indicates to us that they are still part of that system although, that being said, there are some excellent dissenting voices. Robert Fisk, Seamus Milne, George Monbiot, Owen Jones and Glenn Greenwald of those papers are excellent and honest journalists. It's just a shame they make up a minority.

Not sure if anyone picked up on the mother interview I posted earlier where she goes on to say that the FBI have been In touch with her and her sons for a number of years they knew everything about the boys and what they was up to, very strange and needs addressing.

Edited by i like cunning stunts

Not sure if anyone picked up on the mother interview I posted earlier where she goes on to say that the FBI have been In touch with her and her sons for a number of years they knew everything about the boys and what they was up to, very strange and needs addressing.

According to the media, Russia had contacted the FBI to get them investigated due to suspected terror links. Back then they had no proof so couldn't do anything, apparently.