Boston Marathon Explosions

David

Can I ask, do you really believe they are innocent? because last time I checked, innocent people tend not to have large shoot outs with the police in an attempt to escape them....

Conspiracy theorists on the whole bore me. It's always the same"The government are out to get us, they only care about money" argument! And when it is forced upon those who aren't convinced to a point where we are insulted and sworn at, then it simply will make us less susceptible to it! On a plus side, this:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/04/20/uk-usa-explosions-boston-idUKBRE93G0JM20130420

It should go away now, the whole manhunt thing was pretty intense!

@PaRtZ: This is the entire timeline of events since the bombings: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22213651

• Like 1

I do believe there innocent yes and thats based on the people who knew them best their family. I mean come on don't you think its far fetched the events that have happened following the bombings?

A 19 year old kid has managed to shutdown boston ( i think they done this to see how the public react to there demands, they asked for atleast 5 towns to close there business's, all people to stay in doors etc etc?? is this so no one can hear the poor lads plea? Public cant take photos? Its like giving a death squad free reign to find and kill him.. ) on his own, a medical student with no background of violence, his friends / family saying hes been 100% set up, have you seen the amount of force going after this kid too?

Its like martial law, there are numerous army trucks with turrets on top roaming the streets with army / swat teams , black army helicopters out etc etc all this for one kid with no where to go.

A kid who with his brother bombed a marathon injuring hundreds of innocent civilians? And if I was going to do something like that, my family are the last people I'd tell! Unless he told them specifically, of course his family are going to say he's innocent!

I can see exactly why they would shut down Boston! This guy is a murderer, who has killed a police officer, set 5 bombs, and had a huge shootout with the police! He is going to be desperate and scared! He represents a large amount of danger to the general public! I am pretty sure if someone like that was loose in my area, I would be all for the fact they are actively searching him out. He doesn't deserve to have somewhere to go, in my eyes he deserved to be caught, and be held accountable for what he did. The fact he is a medical student with no history of violence doesn't mean anything. It doesn't take much at all to make someone snap, especially if they are politically or religiously motivated. If I am correct, he came from an area of the Eastern block that has had many many years of violence under the USSR? That could have played into it, we just don't know.

I can however, say that I do not believe in any way the US government had anything to do with it.

• Like 1

Looking at the bigger picture what will the government gain from this?

This will be the tell tail in my eyes lets see what law gets passed because of this or something more sinister, we will see.

Can't wait to hear what the young lad has to say or will he be killed off like his brother.

Funny thing is these were just "suspects" where is the proof that these two set bombs off? Are you just going on what the media is telling you?!

A 19 year old kid has managed to shutdown boston ( i think they done this to see how the public react to there demands, they asked for atleast 5 towns to close there business's, all people to stay in doors etc etc?? is this so no one can hear the poor lads plea?

Or to prevent any further innocent people from getting caught up in the cross fire, preventing any further civilian injuries.

Funny thing is these were just "suspects" where is the proof that these two set bombs off? Are you just going on what the media is telling you?!

Look at the bigger picture, what did 2 Chechen students gain from injuring/killing folk? Actually what could the government gain from this?

I think the proof is in the fact he's now running a mock in Boston? If I was innocent the last thing I'd do is break out the gat.

• Like 1

This will be the tell tail in my eyes lets see what law gets passed because of this or something more sinister, we will see.

Can't wait to hear what the young lad has to say or will he be killed off like his brother.

The government will not "gain" anything from this that will overcome the fact three innocent people lost their lives, and many many people were injured. The mental damage caused to those involved is huge, and the families of the victims will be grieving for a long long time. What these lads did is inexcusable, and yes, I do believe it was them. they went to a tremendous effort to get away, and were even willing to kill to do so. That's not normal behaviour for someone who is innocent, despite what their mother/uncle/sister's first cousin's hamster's original owner's mum's boyfriend has to say!

Or to prevent any further innocent people from getting caught up in the cross fire, preventing any further civilian injuries.

This.

Video about the book I mentioned, Manufacturing Consent that analysis the media and finds institutional propaganda. It's very interesting and compelling stuff, grounded in political scientific method:

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=9977

Edited by Ben Rowlands

I do believe there innocent yes and thats based on the people who knew them best their family. I mean come on don't you think its far fetched the events that have happened following the bombings?

A 19 year old kid has managed to shutdown boston ( i think they done this to see how the public react to there demands, they asked for atleast 5 towns to close there business's, all people to stay in doors etc etc?? is this so no one can hear the poor lads plea? Public cant take photos? Its like giving a death squad free reign to find and kill him.. ) on his own, a medical student with no background of violence, his friends / family saying hes been 100% set up, have you seen the amount of force going after this kid too?

Its like martial law, there are numerous army trucks with turrets on top roaming the streets with army / swat teams , black army helicopters out etc etc all this for one kid with no where to go.

Oh, so you think the police should let all the local people wander the streets and even help look for this armed and dangerous murderer? Riiiiiiiiight!

The polices job is a hell of a lot easier when the public isn't in the way, both to interfere and also to keep them out of accidental danger.

The media would have a frenzy if the general public weren't made to stay out of the way and imagine the backlash if the police killed an innocent person during the hunt.

That dude who got shot dead on the tube, he was innocent and the backlash was incredible. However I think tough luck to him, I for one would not jump over barriers towards a busy train, with a backpack on followed by police with guns shouting for him to stop weeks or days after 3 suicide bombers basically did the same thing. Surely to avoid all the backlash and embarrassment of killing an innocent man, the government could easily have made up a back story of how he went on terrorist sites, went to a training camp, hated our culture etc....instead they openly said 'we f**ked up' I for one am glad they went with the 'better safe than sorry' tactic. If they had let him run off and he had been a bomber and he ad killed a lot of people, Imagine the backlash then.

Im heading off point a bit but again your theories or excuses, whatever you call them, baffle the living the f**k out of me.

Also, terrorists rarely tell their families they are planning on killing people, why would they?! Most families will both report them and hate them, and worst of all for the terrorist, ruin their plans. If my dad said, "im gonna go blow up old trafford next week son" You think I would reply "oh ok, i love you so thats cool".....HELL NO!.....I would firstly figure out if he was insane, but then report him without him knowing either way. Obviously don't be a dick and quote me on that convo example as its a brief dumbed down version, but the basis is the same and it would end in the police involvement.

• Like 1

'In his novel 1984, Orwell wrote about the conditioned reflex of "stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought . . . and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction."'

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/index.php/usa-war-on-terror/2391-boston-and-afghanistan-a-tale-of-two-children-and-two-terrorisms

I can't believe im reading some of these replys, honestly..

What proof have you got that these kids were responsible for the bombings?

Your answer because they run away :ermm:

Why no mention of these unusual military types that are pictured at the scene before and after the bombings??

Oh i can hear it now " to monitor the event in the interest of the peoples safety"

And we will see who benefits i can take a few guesses, maybe to stop the 2nd amendment??

Heres a good watch if you have a spare 20 minutes, a retired lieutenant shares his thoughts on the whole thing.

http://youtu.be/yWUB4MCLsHg

Edited by i like cunning stunts

The government will not "gain" anything from this that will overcome the fact three innocent people lost their lives, and many many people were injured. The mental damage caused to those involved is huge, and the families of the victims will be grieving for a long long time. What these lads did is inexcusable, and yes, I do believe it was them. they went to a tremendous effort to get away, and were even willing to kill to do so. That's not normal behaviour for someone who is innocent, despite what their mother/uncle/sister's first cousin's hamster's original owner's mum's boyfriend has to say!

This.

Oh, so you think the police should let all the local people wander the streets and even help look for this armed and dangerous murderer? Riiiiiiiiight!

The polices job is a hell of a lot easier when the public isn't in the way, both to interfere and also to keep them out of accidental danger.

The media would have a frenzy if the general public weren't made to stay out of the way and imagine the backlash if the police killed an innocent person during the hunt.

That dude who got shot dead on the tube, he was innocent and the backlash was incredible. However I think tough luck to him, I for one would not jump over barriers towards a busy train, with a backpack on followed by police with guns shouting for him to stop weeks or days after 3 suicide bombers basically did the same thing. Surely to avoid all the backlash and embarrassment of killing an innocent man, the government could easily have made up a back story of how he went on terrorist sites, went to a training camp, hated our culture etc....instead they openly said 'we f**ked up' I for one am glad they went with the 'better safe than sorry' tactic. If they had let him run off and he had been a bomber and he ad killed a lot of people, Imagine the backlash then.

Im heading off point a bit but again your theories or excuses, whatever you call them, baffle the living the f**k out of me.

Also, terrorists rarely tell their families they are planning on killing people, why would they?! Most families will both report them and hate them, and worst of all for the terrorist, ruin their plans. If my dad said, "im gonna go blow up old trafford next week son" You think I would reply "oh ok, i love you so thats cool".....HELL NO!.....I would firstly figure out if he was insane, but then report him without him knowing either way. Obviously don't be a dick and quote me on that convo example as its a brief dumbed down version, but the basis is the same and it would end in the police involvement.

Again you have been told by the media and here you are condeming them without proof! Just shows how easy it is for the media to manipulate people.

Again you have been told by the media and here you are condeming them without proof! Just shows how easy it is for the media to manipulate people.

They shot an MIT police officer dead. That makes them murderers...

And yes, it makes sense to have security at an event like this, just incase someone tried to, I don't know, bomb it? Pah, no that would never happen, so theres no need for security!

Dimwit...

In terms of them trying to stop the second amendment, this has no relevance whatsoever! The second amendment doesn't cover placing bombs in crowded public places filled with innocent people, a lot of whom are children... This event has no bearing on the movement towards stricter gun control at all!

• Like 1

I'm actually tired of hearing about the Boston Marathon bombings and the ensuing manhunt.

I'm not going to get all up on the oh-so-predictable "This happens all the time in Iraq!" stuff, and I'm not going to start reading all that stuff about how we have to open our eyes to the truth and that the government are trying to kill/mislead/d'ck everyone.

My reasoning for being tired of it is that - Iraq and other US-interfered countries aside because I'm not trying to suggest Boston deserved this - this kind of stuff happens a lot around the world. I was recently in Bangladesh and thanks to the Jamaaart/BNP riots and hartals people were getting killed every day. I got so close to the troubles that at one time I thought me and my girl were going to be set upon by a mob and beaten up for taking a car through the barricades. This sh't is real on the daily.

My problem is this: the reason we don't like it in the west, in the UK, in the US, and the reason why such 'tragedies' are accompanied by solemn photos of heads of state and flags at half mast is because it shatters out illusion of safety. It FORCES people to realise that they're not safe, that they can't just forget about the fact people are killed and that life isn't guaranteed. We live in these stupidly crafted consumerist bubbles where everything's fine, and BLAM it all gets f'cked up and catches us on the back foot.

And yeah, so a guy in a wheelchair with his legs blown off. Go and see the beggars in Cambodia who lost all four limbs thanks to unknowingly choosing to kick their ball around as kids in a minefield. Of course, against a backdrop of poverty and warn-torn desolation, it seems more acceptable than a charity runner on a supposedly perfect day in Boston.

As ever, excuse the cynicism.

There's a reason the feds were after these guys. We've seen video of them at the marathon with backpacks on (I imagine these have been at least partially matched to the remnants of the bomb blasted bags or they have video of them leaving without the bags. Regardless they carried on to murder a policeman, hijack a car, get in to a gun fight with police and throw bombs at them then the remaining dude hid from the police then had another gun battle with them. I don't know about you but that's exactly what I'd have done if I was in there situation and completely innocent. Oh no, wait, that's the opposite of what I'd do.

The proof isn't that they ran the proof is that they were armed and ready for a siege situation and were quite happy to kill a policeman and attempt to take the lives of many others maintain their freedom. Even if they aren't the bombers (which I expect they are/were) they have proven that they're murderous c**ts who deserve whatever punishment the law wants to deal out.

• Like 1

No the colour of the bags are completely different..

There's a reason the feds were after these guys. We've seen video of them at the marathon with backpacks on (I imagine these have been at least partially matched to the remnants of the bomb blasted bags or they have video of them leaving without the bags. Regardless they carried on to murder a policeman, hijack a car, get in to a gun fight with police and throw bombs at them then the remaining dude hid from the police then had another gun battle with them. I don't know about you but that's exactly what I'd have done if I was in there situation and completely innocent. Oh no, wait, that's the opposite of what I'd do.

The proof isn't that they ran the proof is that they were armed and ready for a siege situation and were quite happy to kill a policeman and attempt to take the lives of many others maintain their freedom. Even if they aren't the bombers (which I expect they are/were) they have proven that they're murderous c**ts who deserve whatever punishment the law wants to deal out.

Does that sound the cunning plan of two men you are apparently condeming as mass murderers without proof??

Yours and krazykids last posts are exactly what ive been referring too, absoloutley no proof just hear say but in your eyes they are 100% guilty, i cant fathom it.

Does that sound the cunning plan of two men you are apparently condeming as mass murderers without proof??

Yours and krazykids last posts are exactly what ive been referring too, absoloutley no proof just hear say but in your eyes they are 100% guilty, i cant fathom it.

What evidence do you ave of there innocence and framing? And evidence that this was the work of the government?

And these actions to me sound like unprepared, unplanned egits. Probably still high on the fact they've ruined x number of lives.

What evidence do you ave of there innocence and framing? And evidence that this was the work of the government?

And these actions to me sound like unprepared, unplanned egits. Probably still high on the fact they've ruined x number of lives.

Would you like the bag pictures the fbi is claiming was the bomb and then the pictures of the guys with different colour ones?

I believe the family more so than the media

What happened to the saudi guy that was arrested as the main suspect then released ?

Theres literally about a 100 questions i would like answered but will wait to see what the outcome of his arrest is and the story they come up with.

You asked if i have any evidence of them being innocent?

Innocent till proven guilty.

I do believe there innocent yes and thats based on the people who knew them best their family.

A former housemate of mine got fairly heavily addicted to cocaine, yet when his family visited he was a picture of sobriety and they didn't suspect a thing. I imagine that if their parents were told that their son had a predilection for Class A drugs they would strongly deny that, and wouldn't believe it was possible. If you think about what students get up to when they go to university for the first time, I think their parents probably wouldn't believe some of the things they do either. The degree of separation there is just a short car journey (in most cases), but it seems that the suspects parents lived in a totally different country. I don't think any of us know enough to say one way or another whether they did/didn't do it, but I don't think suggesting that due to their mother and father protesting their innocence they didn't do it is a solid platform.

I can imagine that the Muslim community both in America and further afield must be relieved by the confusion that a lot of America must be feeling at the 'bad guys' being white and non-Islamic this time. After the years of being taught to be suspicious of Muslims (to the point where two men were escorted from a plane after the bombing for speaking Arabic to each other) it must be difficult for them to process that it's not someone with different coloured skin and a beard they need to be fearful of.

Edited by Rejoinder

I want to know who are these people and what were they doing there before and then more show up immediatly after clearly military type tan boots tan pants black tops / jackets, ear pieces etc etc..

bostonwmdteamseals_zps853e8025.jpg

Who was this guy as the bag looks very very similar..

From the pictures he was alone holding the bag suspiciously too doesn't look right.

suspect_zps34e5a7b2.jpg

See TL;DR below

Entirely co-incidental the craft uniformed people.

If they were there to commit an act of terrorism they wouldn't be covered head to toe in their own/even someone elses logo/uniform as its a dead give away that they aren't there to run/cheer people on, they wouldn't be clearly meeting up as a group afterwards either, and specially not walking around openly carry suspicious devices. It would be the easiest thing to rig the bomb to go off upon by sending a text message so why wouldn't they.

The man with the bag; given the size of the group it seems statistically likely that someone will have a bag with a similar strap, ignoring the fact that the images are too poor to be of use.

Here is a point on logical arguments, Logic is no basis for proof in the real world, logic only provides proof within the realm of pure mathematics where all variables can be known and accounted for. In the real world there is a near infinity of variables with which you can provide logical arguments for and against any idea/theory you please by picking and choosing the variables[or facts] that happen to fit. This is the reason why there is so much bogus science around, and why real science, or detective work is based on rigorous testing and analysis.

Now we don't have access to the thousands of man hours worth of information that must of been collected on this act of terrorism, and we certainly don't have the collective experience of the people investigating this crime.

TL;DR below.

People who are officially investigating this crime; thousands, all committed to finding the responsible party [can't possibly keep all of them from talking/providing hard evidence of conspiracy]

their collective experience; invaluable

the pool of information they have available to help them; unthinkably large

against

Conspiracy theorist; few, communication probably over an internet forum

Collective experience; worthless,

their pool of information; purely what is deemed ok to be shown on tv.

I know who my money is on to get the right guy.