Orange 24" Prototype?

isitafox

Now then who can tell me about this?

Apparently it's one of only 2 prototype Orange 24" street trials frame and fork sets that were made, I have no idea how old it is just something I came across on another forum and which sold for £500. The frame is obviously 24" specific but the forks are a bit dubious as they have 26" magura mounts, still I could be wrong and it could be genuine. To be fair this could have cropped up in the years I was away from bikes but then again I don't really know.

Anyone seen or heard of it before??

post-24247-0-18480800-1366546746_thumb.j

post-24247-0-23757400-1366546747_thumb.j

post-24247-0-77773300-1366546746_thumb.j

i saw this for saw on pinkbike a while ago, personally i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. but didn't the effect come with 26 maggie mounts on the forks too? also not aware of Ashton ever being affiliated with orange myself and the frame's tubing doesn't look like and orange, i guessing it would look more like a zero if they had made one......

it could be just another one of those 'inspired mods' though (Y)

• Like 2

From what I can remember Ashton had been linked with Orange for a while but nothing ever got produced as a result of this. I'd imagine that's probably where the confusion was picked up.

Yeah, the white justice.

large_albike.jpg

There was a 24" proto as well but so far this is the best picture I have found of it and you can't see much.

animalbraun_bike01_450_450x300.jpg

It is an Diamondback Ashton effect frame, I had a proto frame off of Rowan and it was identical.

Don't think it is. Look at the downtube, looks like an Orange folded piece right there. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is an Orange proto.

Lucky bugger! If you ever sell, I will buy. The justice paint job in white is so nice, I was gutted when I heard that they wouldn't be put into production. What was the geo of them?

I fell in love with that bike when I first saw it years ago. Saw it at a bike show with Ali C on it and couldn't wait until it came out.

I think Ross's frame is cracked anyway and the WB is something massive like 1100 so not sure it was an improvement on the original. Still was nice seeing it in the flesh again not so long ago after so long.

Don't think it is. Look at the downtube, looks like an Orange folded piece right there. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is an Orange proto.

The Effect frames had octagon profile downtubes.

The Effect frames had octagon profile downtubes.

Ah didn't realise that!

Yeah the downtube on that bike isn't a folded and then seam welded monocoque tube. It's definitely an Effect.

Yeah I couldn't see a seam, I just assumed it followed their usual shape and didn't realise effect's had that shaped downtube.

It seems it's just had an Orange respray and head badge then. (I did think the dropouts weren't something you see on an Orange).