Printers

Joe Aston

My old man is a printer, send me a PDF through email and ill see what he can do for you. His firm is quite good, cheap as chips, and he's been a printer for 35 years

Edited by bing

May I just take this opportunity to say that there is no such thing as a good printer (device). They're all utter pieces of crap designed to make your life more miserable than it already is. So your idea of commissioning this is a good one, you'll survive but you'll have blood on your hands because someone is going to commit suicide before he gets the job done.

May I just take this opportunity to say that there is no such thing as a good printer (device). They're all utter pieces of crap designed to make your life more miserable than it already is. So your idea of commissioning this is a good one, you'll survive but you'll have blood on your hands because someone is going to commit suicide before he gets the job done.

Still not found a decent one? Me neither. I had one from 2001 until last year that was brilliant, finally upgraded because it wouldn't work well with W7, and my new printer is shit.
  • Like 1

I meant my old man does it on an industrial scale, using a 4 colour printing press. It wouldn't take long to do this for him, an hour or two at the most. 200 copies of a 12pp a4 book will use at least 350 sheets of sra2 paper, which is 640x450. Then it has to be folded and bound up

Edited by bing

How many printers have you murdered so far?

Alex, I assume you're not buying Inkjet? Just Laser?

If this is for business purposes I'd suggest you look at printer leasing on a pay per page (PPP) solution. You pay a monthly base rate for the printer which normally includes maintenance and consumables. You may be able to get a contract with HP directly, I wouldn't recommend any other printer manufacture.

Thanks for the help guys. The document in question I made I'm publisher and when I try and export it as a PDF it seems to muddle all the pages up.

Any suggestions on why this may be happening or what I could do to rectify it.

Thanks

Joe

Alex, I assume you're not buying Inkjet? Just Laser?

If this is for business purposes I'd suggest you look at printer leasing on a pay per page (PPP) solution. You pay a monthly base rate for the printer which normally includes maintenance and consumables. You may be able to get a contract with HP directly, I wouldn't recommend any other printer manufacture.

Thanks Matt but I don't print enough to justify such use. Monthly use is 50-100 labels (smaller than A5 even) + no more than 200 pages of documents. I guess this solution would be good for large uses of 2k+ ? Didn't know about this though, thanks for the info!

Thanks Matt but I don't print enough to justify such use. Monthly use is 50-100 labels (smaller than A5 even) + no more than 200 pages of documents. I guess this solution would be good for large uses of 2k+ ? Didn't know about this though, thanks for the info!

Hmm, depends on the printer. We have basic low usage printers quoted at 200-1000 pages per month. I couldn't tell you the exact model but I can check if you're interested - but they're pretty bullet proof.

Hmm, depends on the printer. We have basic low usage printers quoted at 200-1000 pages per month. I couldn't tell you the exact model but I can check if you're interested - but they're pretty bullet proof.

They need to be sledgehammer proof and that won't help either since I'll just find something else to treat it with. I'm really not looking for a new printer, it's just a waste of money. My temper is way too short.

img4078a.jpg

Edited by Greetings

Haha, I don't think even super glue will fix that mate. I too need a printer, but really not up for paying £40-50 for a crap one that won't last long and I can't justify professional price tags (To be honest, I don't even know what a pro printer costs, thousands I'd imagine).

The joys of working in an office means I can print stuff at work as long I don't take the piss - one or two letters or something, not a full colour brochure lol.