Rear Avid BB7 - A revelation

Scoox

I can't see what leads you to this conclusion.

As apparently you have no proper experience with a BB7 working well.

As i said using BB7 and a Hope Trialzone, BB7 with SD7 lever (or such...) BB7 seems to offer more modulation.

Setting up to me is the process of making it work the best as you can. Because it is what matters in the end.

And i clearly remember you asking advice about BB7 and rotors in a other topic, not followwing it and then telling as loud as you can BB7 does not work .. in your opinion.

THE FACT is that BB7 coming out from the box with its g2 rotor works very well.

If you haven't used it like that, you can't complain.

Edited by laurent

V4 has enough power and awesome modulation, I don't need anything else. BB7 lever feels like shit for me. Even with linear cables. So I never ever would use mechanics and cheap hydraulics.

I see no sense in trying trialzones, I would choose between V4 or Saints.

I can't work out if this is a troll account or real any more :lol:

• Like 4

Whats wrong, kek?

If I have what I like why to try something that maybe good maybe not. Bite and hold are already rim brake like, plus it don't make this annoying sound and have really good modulation. What else do you need from trials brake? And I'll rather try Saints, because billions of trials riders ready to die for the SAINTS and WORSHIP it every day?

I may try TZ but if calipers would be sold separately, because I already have so much Hope stuff I need a freakin warehouse.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

Whats wrong, kek?

If I have what I like why to try something that maybe good maybe not. Bite and hold are already rim brake like, plus it don't make this annoying sound and have really good modulation. What else do you need from trials brake? And I'll rather try Saints, because billions of trials riders ready to die for the SAINTS and WORSHIP it every day?

I may try TZ but if calipers would be sold separately, because I already have so much Hope stuff I need a freakin warehouse.

The topic was initially about someone happy to share is good experience with BB7, as a rear brake for "pure" trial stuff.

Everything you say is off-topic, absolutely irrelevant.

BB7 being a capable disk brake for trials is a fact. It is not perfect, and i assume people can share here their flaws.

But you hesitating in trying a trialzone brake and having bought so much hope brakes for god knows what is not very interesting, Or maybe it is just me ....

Edited by laurent
  • Like 3

I have a good job, no morgage, no children... I can effortlessly afford to buy Hopes, but I would still choose BB7s--less hassle IMO.

My set-up is as follows:
  • Lever: Avid FR5
  • Calliper: Avid BB7
  • Cable: ECLAT CORE Linear (linear cable).
  • Echo TR 180 Rotors

BTW I don't used to run Echo TR rotors with BB7 on my previous build and it sucked. It was only when I got original Avid rotors that I realised how awesome BB7s are.

Edited by Scoox

I'm where I want to be and I don't give a shit about opinions of some half-witted kids that even can't into arguing, only in butthurt and whining without a reason. It seems like this kids must go to psychiatrist to heal they minds.

If you disagree with something in arguing - act like an adult and cite arguments, not stupid kiddish swearing.

What exactly you disagree with?

My statement is:

BB7 is a great cheap brakes.

BB7 with Echo TR rotors sucks hardly.

Rear BB7 with linear cables (ECLAT/Odyssey) feels worse than a hydro.

And I admit that I have too low level of skills and no expirience with Saints to compare them to Hopes V4. To say something on this subject(V4 vs Saints) I need at least to get Saints and learn BH gaps to rear at least at 2m (now I can only 3.5m on two, where brake is even not needed) and try it on both brakes with same rotors after bedding in of course.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

I'm where I want to be and I don't give a shit about opinions of some half-witted kids that even can't into arguing, only in butthurt and whining without a reason. It seems like this kids must go to psychiatrist to heal they minds.

If you disagree with something in arguing - act like an adult and cite arguments, not stupid kiddish swearing.

What exactly you disagree with?

My statement is:

BB7 is a great cheap brakes.

BB7 with Echo TR rotors sucks hardly.

And I admit that I have too low level of skills and no expirience with Saints to compare them to Hopes V4. To say something on this subject(V4 vs Saints) I need at least to get Saints and learn BH gaps to rear at least at 2m (now I can only 3.5m on two, where brake is even not needed) and try it on both brakes with same rotors after bedding in of course.

Ipad auto correct failings : through the roof.

Have you even tried one ? I assume you don't, and i'm pretty sure i am right.

Again, you make assumptions based on nothing tangible ... just for having the pleasure to write something i suppose.

Aaaaagain it is not helpful for those really interested using this brake on rear.

I haven't use it for trials on rear, but on an Enduro bike, and it feels as firm as hydros like magura or hope brakes. Even if the feeling may be different.

So if you are making assumptions, you'd better write "i suppose, i assume ..."

Or better if you feel as you have nothing interesting to say on a topic, dont say nothing at all ....

I think we all agree you've made enougth redondant topics.

Edited by laurent
  • Like 1

Making the forum look even more embarrassing with him spouting shit all over threads.

Look how well not being a dick turned out for you.

Leopards don't change their spots, you'll always be a cock.

Ban the cun t and think we need the validation system back again.

Genuinely makes posting here a nightmare now as you know he's going to quote and contradict you with absolute tosh.

• Like 1

The fact you're trying to compare a cable to hydraulic system amazes me. Completely different, the only fair comparison you could make is cable/cable and hydro/hydro.

As said before, if a BB7 works for Tunnicliffe and Watson, it's sure as f**k going to work for you. Using shit rotors and basing your opinion on them following that is rediculous.

Kindly keep your skewed and heavily biased opinion to yourself, we get the idea you praise nothing but hopes.

Leave intelligent conversion to everyone else clerictgm

Edited by SamKidney
  • Like 1

Making the forum look even more embarrassing with him spouting shit all over threads.

Look how well not being a dick turned out for you.

Leopards don't change their spots, you'll always be a cock.

Ban the cun t and think we need the validation system back again.

Genuinely makes posting here a nightmare now as you know he's going to quote and contradict you with absolute tosh.

You don't half moan about everything. If you don't like what he says then don't comment or I am sure there is feature on here where you can hide users comments etc? Like a block feature?

You don't half moan about everything. If you don't like what he says then don't comment or I am sure there is feature on here where you can hide users comments etc? Like a block feature?

Would still make the forum look shit regardless of if I block him or not.

What else do I moan about you cheeky f**k haha

If anything I get told off for laughing too much with my "haha" 's :/