Rear Avid BB7 - A revelation

Scoox

• 2 weeks later...

BB7 are great but shitty,

not meaning to start an argument but something can't be "great but shitty", that's a phrase that contradicts itself, you need to elaborate on why it's great and what faults it has. I've tried bb7s before and the stopping power was immense, but I didn't like the feel of the lever when I pull it. So this good, but can have faults depending on who's using it. I will say they're a thing you have to try before you decide whether you should have them or not.
  • Like 1

Ignore him, he is a moron who can't ride for shit and therefore has no useful input.

For what it's worth, lever feel can be greatly improved with a decent set up, decent cable and decent lever.

I'm hoping you meant him not me :P I guess I just prefer how with hydraulics you have the feel of "pushing" the piston when you pull the lever, instead of the "pull" of the cable, if that makes sense. They are good brakes though. I wouldn't hesitate to have them on a slightly lower budget build. Edited by Herbertlemon102

Standard Avids. I don't think there were aftermarket pads available at that time. This was a good few years ago. On an avid rotor (original, G1?).

nothing really went better than avid pads with an avid rotor, I've heard horror stories of different rotors messing with the performance

I've had a few bb7's, standard Avid sintered pads on a g2cs or roundagon rotor work the best. Oddesey linear slic cable, avid sd7 lever. So powerful it was unreal. Too much for a mod, on s par with an m810 Saint. It was very on or off, not much modulation, but that's what you want for pure trials

I've had a few bb7's, standard Avid sintered pads on a g2cs or roundagon rotor work the best. Oddesey linear slic cable, avid sd7 lever. So powerful it was unreal. Too much for a mod, on s par with an m810 Saint. It was very on or off, not much modulation, but that's what you want for pure trials

that's why I like my Deore, it's got really good modulation but still holds like a bitch when you need it to

I had a used BB7 up front, and I did not really got into

it had great amount of bite and hold, I just did not like the feel

on a side note, I am retarded when it comes to brakes, so I just bought brand new SLX and that is it

• Like 1

Thinking about running a 200mm BB7 on the rear of my 24". Can anyone offer any wisdom on whether the adaptors are strong enough to take a lot of abuse? I don't really care that much about modulation on the rear, but need it to have a ton of hold and bite. I know 200mm might sound like overkill but I'm quite heavy. Do you think a BB7 with SD7 lever would be a sensible choice?