20 " front tyre choice

Trials-Mikey

Recently my slick maxxis creepy crawler has worn through to the canvas and i am in need of a new tyre. I ride alot of brakeless, from looking around i have narrowed it down to two choices either a kenda small block 8 or and maxxis holy roller and i was just wondering if anyone here has experience from running either of these tyres

thanks.

Edited by Trials-Mikey

Small block 8 was one of the worst tyres i've ever used, no puncture resistance at all

This

You don't need a lot in a front tyre unless you ride comps, then you want something like a try all or monty

For street try get something with fat sidewalls for more puncture resistance

If you value your life even a little you won't get a Block8.

Honestly the worst tyre I've ever had, shortly followed by the K-RAD.

I currently have a Maxxis Grifter. It's fairly middle-ranged in weight, but has only washed out twice (in the wet) in the 18 months I've had it on. Yes - 18 months. The wear-rate is f**king awesome, without sacrificing much grip. They roll forever too, and I've only had three punctures with it on - all of which I fully deserved :P

Slicked Crawlers, Montys and Try-Alls are all great too, but the semi-slick gives that little bit more grip in wet/dusty places. Considering winter's on the way, I'd try and avoid full-slicks ;)

• Like 1

If you value your life even a little you won't get a Block8.

Honestly the worst tyre I've ever had, shortly followed by the K-RAD.

Wish I had seen this before I called up tarty but hey ho ill give it a try and see. Have you had bad experiences with this tyre or what is it just generally not good ?