Jaf frame crack situation

Trials-Mikey

I'm just wondering if this is the quality of a custom made frame how did he get repeat business? was the quality better to start with and then get worse as more requests came in?

I doubt it IMO there's no excuse for this + every jaf I've seen has been badly welded also I know of a few of them only lasting a few weeks before failing.

people just didnt know about whats a good weld or not i think,sometimes its hard to see under paint

edit:yeah seen a pic of one where the integrated headset cups were welded onto the headtube instead of being one-piece to it.

the lower cup split,you could see the bearing itself

dont want to slates josh work just because of the things happening,some of his parts looked awesome,and competition is always evolution.

i am just really really surprised what comes to the surface at the moment,its weird,even i thought his frames were good,and i am a big fan of marinos parts normally

Edited by FamilyBiker

No disrespect to josh, because he is a very sound lad. Just maybe bit off a bit more than he could chew. Taking to Euans new frame with a claw hammer in front of most of radfest to sort the tyre clearance issues must have been a tad embarrassing. Custom frame builders shouldn't make this basic mistake. The only custom frame I'd have is a triton. They are lush. Unless Leigh's turn out to be as good, ill let you all know when it arrives in the post :)

Edited by bing

No disrespect to josh, because he is a very sound lad. Just maybe bit off a bit more than he could chew. Taking to Euans new frame with a claw hammer in front of most of radfest to sort the tyre clearance issues must have been a tad embarrassing. Custom frame builders shouldn't make this basic mistake. The only custom frame I'd have is a triton. They are lush. Unless Leigh's turn out to be as good, ill let you all know when it arrives in the post :)

Il let u apologise for this first

Like This

bing

04 May 2013

Neon-trials, on 04 May 2013 - 09:12, said:

Looks a nice build although the welding on most of the jaf frames I have seen is really quite amateur

Would like to see you do better, doubt you could like

Haha no hard feelings bing .