GLASGOW 17th November

Ross McArthur

What the hell is it with you boys and your Skyes. Why are they always broken?! :P

Still to decide on a route. Is there anywhere anyone would like to ride?

Im thinking, Under the M8 next to the hospital.

Clyde side.

MOD.

High flats with the big blocks. (There is considerably less high flats there now and the view is great! Well it was last night when the sun was setting. Can see all the way into town now!)

Stone Fanny/Uni area.

I'd also quite like to ride Broomhill but its a bit out of the way...

Not broken, just haven't done a single thing to it since buying it 14 months ago and it's all just a bit tired, lots of very loose spokes, worn out tyres, drivetrain needs looking at, brakes are a bit shot etc etc.... just needs some TLC.

I haven't ridden the M8 bit so that sounds good. Not too fussed on MOD but would be good to get over to Broomhill if there's a chance. Last time I was in Glasgow I saw some demolition was going on so intrigued to see the St. Vincent bit.

Theres always loads of glass at the M8 bit but ill go round with a brush the night before...And probably get glassed aff the neds havin a bevvy! "aw check you you pure glass brushin cu*t, am goni steaky you"...

Aye well if you're up for riding all the way out to Broomhill its a decision we can make on the day.

Btw, which day are people planning on coming?

I've still got that pin through my tyre, seems to be holding up.

Could potentially drive some people over to broomhill on the Sunday if it's going to be a full weekend job. (only Sunday 'cos easy parking). I guess if it was a two day ride then cycling out there might not be a problem anyway.

Can't suggest many other places to ride, I tend to stick around MOD and St Vincent spots.

We could swing past the ramp at the springfield Quay shopping area so the streety guys can have a play. I struggle to get any real air off it though.

Edit: Maybe Kelvingrove skatepark too?

Edited by Pete.M

The skate park might be a shout, just for a laugh and to take over the scene BMX weans who don't ride but sit and smoke and moan about the scooter kids-who actually ride-if you can call it that.

Kev if you park on Brown street, it's just off the M8 at the Kingston Bridge. It'll be free on Sunday to park.

Sorry Lewis, no free floor space from me till I move.

Edited by Ross McArthur

Probably an obvious thing to say, but take loads of tubes! I think some pins/tacks have been dropped near the usual riding spots. :(

Ive been round all the usual spots the past few days and not found any.

this still going down if the weather is shit ?

Probably not. Thats why ive kept it open to two days. Just play it by ear and see what day will be best.

So Ive been having a wee look at what route we might take. It'll take a wee bit of pedalling so pump your tyres up hard comp boys ;)

1. Meet at the Clyde side Just down from the MOD building.

2. Smash MOD building.

3. Move along to Portland Street bridge area (still Clyde side).

4. Head over the bridge to the courts.

5. Ride up High St. towards the Royal Infirmary then across the road under the M8.

6. Pedal pedal pedal to St Georges Road flats but stop by the knarly bowl on the way.

7. Roll down to the ruins off of Belmont St.

8. Hit up Glasgow Uni + Stone Fanny area.

9. Saunter through Kelvingrove Park for a swatch and stop by the Anderson flats.

10. Nice round number, head back for beers!

Anyone against that plan?

Edited by Ross McArthur