Bionic 24" Rear Rim

Lewis Gething

Been weighing up my options as far as building a 24" wheelset for a trialsy Echo build, and have been contemplating which rear rim I should get.

I am curious as to how this Bionic rim performs, in terms of its weight, strength and ability to hold a grind. Has anyone had any experience with these rims or does anyone have any knowledge of them? The design seems to be based off the Try-All No-War rim that I am using on my mod now, which I rate very highly. This site suggests the weight is 628g, which I think is suprisingly heavy looking at the size of the cut outs in relation to other rims. If anyone could help me out that would be cool.

http://www.trial-bikes.com/bionic-rear-46mm-p-536389.html

zhi_llanta_044.jpg

that rim comes in 26" and is heavy compared with the others of that style think its about 700g

i think alot of people are using the neon rims which are cheap and still perform good.

http://www.trial-bikes.com/llanta-trasera-neon-24Â’Â’-47mm-p-536397.html?language=en&azx=1440

Thanks for all the replies guys, your help is much appreciated ;)

that rim comes in 26" and is heavy compared with the others of that style think its about 700g

i think alot of people are using the neon rims which are cheap and still perform good.

http://www.trial-bikes.com/llanta-trasera-neon-24Â’Â’-47mm-p-536397.html?language=en&azx=1440

I am going to be getting a neon on the front with a disc setup, but my rear brake will be a maggie. How do you reckon those rear Neon rims take a grind? May think about getting 2 Neon rims as they are light, cheap and look great.

If these Bionic rims are the same as the old Viz rims then I will steer clear as like Sam said they are reportedly very weak and the metal used doesn't like rim brakes :(

My viz 2013 was shocking for holding a grind, however managed to get cousts to work on them (tried tnn, heatsink etc with no luck).

I'm running a echo tr rim again and I love it, nice and strong and amazing for grinding. for the sake of 150g. I know which one i'd pick.

Hmm, well I use Cousts, but Im not really risking it :P

Yeah everyone says TR's are great, I just don't particularly like the look of them or the little bit extra weight, but will definitely be considering them.

Thanks for all the replies guys, your help is much appreciated ;)

I am going to be getting a neon on the front with a disc setup, but my rear brake will be a maggie. How do you reckon those rear Neon rims take a grind? May think about getting 2 Neon rims as they are light, cheap and look great.

If these Bionic rims are the same as the old Viz rims then I will steer clear as like Sam said they are reportedly very weak and the metal used doesn't like rim brakes :(

Yea avoide viz if your going rim brake.

I'm sure these rims hold a grind ok as Kevin Liu uses the 26" versions of these.

But personally iv not used them.