Super or dire tyre?

Ash-Kennard

Link

Will this work for trials? maybe not these tyres, but the concept in general?

In my head it seems like the sidewalls will be very thin as they dont have to worry about pinching them, so could be really bouncy.

But, the dual pressures could be potentially problematic on super wide trials rims, and rims with holes obviously, getting it sealed correctly. Would it burp air like some tubeless tyres?

DISCUSS

Sounds to me like the tube is built in so there shouldn't be a problem with air burping out. Potentially I reckon with the right compound you could get a super grippy tyre without ever having to worry about bottoming out or pinching but I don't know what the bounce would be like.

I think your going to lose all the rebound or bounce so not ideal for the rear

I think grip and stability is more important than bounce though.

I've had similar ideas to this before but this is a lightly more advanced version, I'm intrigued

just a question :

Where it would be good? at comps, where you are aiming for the lightest bike, where every gram counts?

Everyday trials, where it would be probably much cheaper just to run a normal tube?

I can see why they use it for cross, but for trial..I am not sure

just a question :

Where it would be good? at comps, where you are aiming for the lightest bike, where every gram counts?

Everyday trials, where it would be probably much cheaper just to run a normal tube?

I can see why they use it for cross, but for trial..I am not sure

Tubeless setups are normally at least as heavy if not heavier than standard tube but they roll far better as they don't bounce of bumps the same. I run tubeless on my mtb and found an impressive difference when I switched.