Zhi team... my rather beautiful build

*gentlydoesit

As of tomorrow night my new (to me) build is complete :)

I'm guessing most of you will know that I've been building a bike for a while now. The original idea was to build the best bike I could cheaply, by buying all used parts from you fine people. As things progressed I needed to buy some parts new, and the whole 'cheaply' thing went clean out the window after I thought ALL gold Ti would be a cool idea.

Sooo, the build spec that I can remember off the top of my head is as follows (feel free to fill in any blanks ;) )

Zhi team frame. Geo ...?...?

Rockman carbon forks

Rockman 7075 bars, foam grips

Tryall 3d stem, Ti bolts/washers

Echo headset With 20mm matte carbon spacer

Zhi sl cranks

Reset Ti bb

Echo sl Ti ffw

Trialrech Ti bash

Front wheel... (forgotten :( ) carbon hub, double butted radial laced spokes, red nips, Ti bolts

Rear wheel.. do I even need to say!? Echo tr hub, echo sl rim, dt swiss butted spokes, red nips, echo Ti sproket, Ti bolts, not cams ;)

*With a Dave Kerr brand axle and spacers (Y) . Massive thank you to Dave there. I couldn't find anywhere to buy it new, not even tarty could sell me the set!

Tryall sticky light tyres

Brakes;

Echo tr levers, ti nuts, bolts/washers, racingline Ti barbs and bleed screws.

Front.. Echo sl slaves, tensile offset clamps, trialtech carbon booster with own made 5mm by 3/8 t6 spacers, racingline splitter, racing line ti barbs, ti bleed screws, tnn pads (dunno the flavour) wd 40 bleed, ti mounting bolts/washers.

Rear.. echo tr slaves, maggy clamps, trialtech carbon booster with same spacers, racing line splitter, racingline ti barbs, ti bleed screws, tnn pads, ti mounting bolts/washers.

Kmc 610hx chain.

Haven't decided on pedals yet, but I'm leaning toward some syntace number nines, using dmr v12s for now.

Heres a link to some of first to the last pics i took, there have been some minor changes since then and nothing is tightened or set. I'll post the finished pics tomorrow :)

*problem with the link :( here's a teaser 20140316_131355_zpsa206e20a.jpg20140316_131551_zpsf1ea7ca1.jpg

20140316_131722_zps3a68c8fc.jpg

20140329_182401_zps4ba35e68.jpg

20140401_190849_zps38189650.jpg

20140408_100315_zps48903e2e.jpg

20140329_182320_zpsfc7a9e6e.jpg

Thank you to all the excellent sellers, you know who you are ;)

Up yours to the not so excellent sellers :P

Edited by *gentlydoesit
  • Like 5

Ah mate sorry but watch the frame under the headtube. These frames crack there under 2 months. Very high spec build anyway.

I got warned about the frame a while back :( good thing is theres plenty more frames in the sea :)

I think I got a little carried away with the spec, being fairly noob to trials

Very nice mate, what you need to do now is get out there and ride the bloody thing!!!! :P

Me and the lads are riding Brum tomorrow if you fancy?

I do fancy!

I'm getting my back wheel back today, I need to set everything up tonight so fingers crossed its ridable for tomorrow.

Not sure of my plans tomorrow though :( . I'll let you know tonight dude :)

Set back :(

The replacement spokes for the back wheel were too long! Adam said 260-262mm, the first set I could lay my hands on were 262.

Traded for some 260's now so fingers crossed they're ok. Back to the bike shop tonight, they're open till 8 so I'm hoping they can sort it before tomorrow

• Like 1

looks like one of my old frames. but defo a better build then mine.

ride so nice. cracks start to appear if your a heavy hook up ride. jack meek beat the life out of his before it gave up :wink2:

frame geo was listed as 1090 , 380 , +75 but mine had old koxx forks which had 35rake and was 1095 , 380, +70 so yours should be around that i would guess

Edited by skuzzbucket
  • Like 1

Remove these brake boosters. They are no use on that frame or fork.

have you seen the frame flex? I can do a vid if you like, even with the booster its got to be 4mm of flex! The forks seem ok to be fair, but there's a certain amount of aesthetics involved in a bike for me :)
  • Like 3

. Then get some 05 magura levers as the echo are flexy. That would be pretty much spot on.

never been keen on those. I've only had a quick go of some 05's to be fair but I can't say they made any kind of great impression on me. I absolutly hate 04's!

Havnt noticed any flex in the levers. I'd need to give it a good test drive though, I've still not ridden it because I'm missing a cylinder washer for the front, and the offset clamps arnt filling me full of confidence.