Overalls, who wears em?!

isitafox

Need to sort a new pair of overals out but I want something comfy. At the moment I have a pair of Dickies which are absolutely huge on me (had to get a massive size as I have a long upper body) and a pair of John Deere Dickies which are tiny. Basically gonna get covered in cow shit so need to be zip up and preferably have velcro or elasticated cuffs, anyone use some super sexy ones?

• Like 1

We use these for servicing when rallying. waterproof, well made and very hard wearing. The only downside's that they're bloody warm, which is great in the winter but hopeless in the summer. (unless all you're doing's rushing around under a car for a few minutes every hour or 2.)

I'd have generally said you probably want something designed/sold for farming, it tends to be better value and often harder wearing than stuff for mechanics or racing.

I bought some from army surplus a few years a go, been great - even stopped an angle grinder when I dropped it on my arm.

Good for just covering yourself up, if you want something like Robin posted thought they're about as far removed as you can get...

Edited by Skoze

I use a Dickies redhawk and a Dickies branded version of what Robin posted. In only wear them occasionally when we are doing open hole rotary drilling but both seem to work pretty well. I guess getting the right size is key though, I did wear a Redhawk that was too small for a while and i had a wedgie all day long.