20" inner tubes in 24" bike

jack dickinson

You're more likely for your tube to tare/rip open at a seam because of the extra stretch put into the tube.

I have been using 24" 1.75 - 2.1 tubes as I ran out of tubes and Tarty don't have any Schwalbe ones in stock and one of those ripped mid ride :/

Edit: Not really useful to anyone but It would be cool to see how long you get it to last.

Edited by Seabasss

You're more likely for your tube to tare/rip open at a seam because of the extra stretch put into the tube.

I have been using 24" 1.75 - 2.1 tubes as I ran out of tubes and Tarty don't have any Schwalbe ones in stock and one of those ripped mid ride :/

Edit: Not really useful to anyone but It would be cool to see how long you get it to last.

I run the same diameter tube but 20 inch.

Am I weird for making a 26" tube to fit in a 20" wheel by folding it? Besides rubber expands remember that one lads.

Also I've seen mountain bikers put 26 tubes in 29s 26s in 650b (27.5) etc etc etc etc

I imadgine this is worse because you are more likeyl to get you tyes pop iut and worp.

Edited by jack dickinson

I bought a Kenda 24" dh tube from tarty the other day, I was surprised by the size of the box but when I took it out, I realised how thick it was! No pinch flats with this bad boy!!

I have had a fair few pinch flat with them tubes with variois different tyres.

I bought a Kenda 24" dh tube from tarty the other day, I was surprised by the size of the box but when I took it out, I realised how thick it was! No pinch flats with this bad boy!!

Did the listed weight not give you some form of indication?! :P

Dem fukkaz b hyoooj.