Street-trials bars angle, what do you prefer?

Clerictgm mk2

18 members have voted

1. 1. What bars angle do you ride?

• My bars turned forward like the latest TGS fashion.
    • My bars turned back.
    • My bars are vertical.

I just recently turned my bars forward (TGS) to test it out and found a new stability on the back wheel I never knew. I found my posture to be straighter and consumed less energy. I also find getting my weight over the front wheel is allot easer. But my bunny hops take much more energy in this position and I cant lower the front wheel as far before drops or gaps.

depends what stem i run. if i use a 150 x 30 i run my bars horizontal otherwise i find it to high, i i struggle because its impossible to even pull up into a manual. so now i run a 127 x 30 stem and run my bars inline with the stem, and is the same height as before just i can now switch my 't front' move and pull the front wheel up without the need to peddle.

exactly like that.

Yes it's still good for trials, lets be honest with chainstays as short as they are bikes aren't exactly hard to backhop are they?

Hmm.. I'll try that angle tomorrow.

What about stem? I tried some 70x35 but it feels pretty hard for backwheel trials, I just need to get used to it of what? I'm afraid I will not be able to sidehop/pedalkick as high/far as with 90x35.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

Right.

Yes, it's stupid, but trying something new isn't bad. I hated this parallel setup, I just can't ride. Also I don't like 70x35 stem because it's too short and bike feels like a tabouret. So vertical set bars and 90x35 with 46mm of stackers is the comfiest setup I ever tried.