Rim Brakes

Culshaw95

I know i've recently made a topic about mods but I think i'll set it aside till next year so i'm going to do up my stock. This is probably a stupid question really due to everyones opinions being different. I'm thinking of going front rim brake again but i'd also like to change my Tensile Tocco on the rear due to it leaking through the pivot bolt for unknown reasons. I don't seem get have much luck with rim brakes so I may aswell ask for peoples opinions. I've just been thinking of getting some Echo SL brakes (front & rear) but i'm not too sure how the new ones perform and i'm not 100% certain on the racing lines as they seem a bit over priced for just a simple remake of a brake.

I'll get some 04's then. 05's are good but I don't seem to have much luck with brakes as i snapped my front and rear ones 2 years ago and then tried the 2010 HS11 and then the new 2014 HS33. The newest HS33 felt great its just a shame that the lever blades are so weak

Maguras. I say 2014. Great brake. Older ones are maybes, new is like new, if you know what I mean. And not ridiculously expensive either.

Too many problems with the 2014er version. Have had it for a week and it didn't work properly anymore. Other local riders complained as well and online you can find a plethora of complaints about that brake. I wouldn't bother.

I've also heard those complaints too, but 5 months now on my '14s and no need to bleed yet - they feel awesome (built and bled by tartybikes before they shipped to me with complete bike) and between the "reach" and "pad wear" adjusters you can achieve whatever "feel" you want.