Jitsie Freewheels?

AndeeeMK2

My current Echo SL is sounding n feeling real rough and i have a feeling it could be on its way out as i have owned it for 2 years. I daren't take it apart so i would prefer to replace it just to be safe.

I have been looking at the Jitsie's on TartyBikes with the freewheel stating it has extra strong springs but there is no reviews on these?

Anyone rate them to the SLs?

Thanks

Edited by AndeeeMK2

The previous one i had before blew within a few months so i got one replaced under warranty.

The freewheels were the only decent thing they did, the rest of the stuff around that time wasn't the best of quality. Who knows it might of all changed and they upped their game.

Edited by AndeeeMK2

My Jitsie is.... Ok.

It's never slipped a rotation, hasn't broken in getting on for a year, loud, positive etc.

BUT

It does make 'skipping' noises a lot which are disconcerting at best. I think Adam said this is due to the extra strong springs flicking the pawls in and when it doesn't quite engage properly makes a noise... Or something along those lines. It's made these noises since new.

If it didn't make these odd noises it would be great. To be fair I haven't cleaned it out, and ride in sea-front conditions a lot.

Iv just ordered one by sister company's jitsie 'tr1al' ordered the 72 click version, less is more for me in terms of freewheels. Deeper ratchet too, i used to run the old school tensile with like 30eps and they lasted me a good 3/4 months, which for me is alot.

I'm hoping this new offering does the job, it certainly sounds meaty

• Like 1

i recommend you the Jitsie 6 pawls, i'm using it and works perfect. I know people who broke a couple of jitsie 9 pawls freewheels...

If you brake the outer sprocket (or however it's called) then it doesn't matter how many pawls it has. :D

Iv just ordered one by sister company's jitsie 'tr1al' ordered the 72 click version, less is more for me in terms of freewheels. Deeper ratchet too, i used to run the old school tensile with like 30eps and they lasted me a good 3/4 months, which for me is alot.

I'm hoping this new offering does the job, it certainly sounds meaty

how much commission do you get from that post?

• Like 1