Yohan Triboulat On the new Ozonys Fantom

freestyl''air

9 hours ago, Shub_Step said:

Those up to front were really nice.

Liked the sidehop too! Very clean trials moves actually.

"Manual" drop would have blew my mind without these tiny hops... 

Yea, seems like his riding could be so much easier to watch if he just took out those 2-3 extra hops. Its not like the lines he was doing were anything special where it would have taken loads and loads of go's.

Liked the chilled tune but there was too much filler in there. No need for all the pedalling towards stuff. The "looks like he's wanking" clip wasn't funny the first time someone used it, back in nam.

The up to front was nice, I agree. Much prefer that style to say, up to front and using the front wheel to hop round to back like I see a lot of riders do, as it often forces them off balance making them use another correction hop.

46 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

The up to front was nice, I agree. Much prefer that style to say, up to front and using the front wheel to hop round to back like I see a lot of riders do, as it often forces them off balance making them use another correction hop.

1 minute ago, ben_travis said:

Nae bother bigshot....

That comment was about you btw.

To quote ryan, from here: http://nsmb.com/5240-ryan-leech-and-the-cons-of-being-pro/

....The perquisite is that I have dreamt of these performances and practiced accordingly; then when the audience energy hits, it cycles through me, I feel unbound and without limit and am left shocked at what I have accomplished and feeling deeply nourished....

sorry...on-topic. This was a much better video than Yohans previous, as someone hinted at before, more flow than tricklist

Cool but not great, too many hops on stuff I could get hop-less. That Manny drop line with 2 big bitch cranks and a horrible drop. 1.10 foot off and it's not even that skinny. A few more attempts of lines could have cleaned this video up imo. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dman said:

Cool but not great, too many hops on stuff I could get hop-less. That Manny drop line with 2 big bitch cranks and a horrible drop. 1.10 foot off and it's not even that skinny. A few more attempts of lines could have cleaned this video up imo. 

2 hours ago, ben_travis said:

Nae bother bigshot....

• Like 1

f**k harsh. I don't care if I call people out on things I probably couldn't do myself. I'm glad when I get called out on. It pushes me.

For me, the best "rule" was no set up or correction hops, or Ryan Leechs "Manifesto". Even before Ali or Ryan were preaching about it, Chris Akrigg was interviewed by MBUK (the fountain of all knowledge in the late 90s early 2000s) and said he followed the Trial Noir mantra. No hops, death grip, switch foot etc etc.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dman said:

I like criticism, I'm well into the no hops shit, like obsessed.

I like people being critics too, it always help to improve. No matter the level, improvement is always possible and that's why I am addicted to this sport.

I grew up with Ryan Leech videos too and I remember how he was accurate, smooth and quick execution. 

I like (BC) oppo 180 slider from Sean Watson because steez. 

I like a street guy upping to 90 a square rail with 9hops . I won't care about hops because skillz

Anyway I prefer creativity over "rules" but doing this kind of big Manny drop isn't creative, it's just about balls. It ruins steez when BCs / useless hops happen. 

It's like a lot of Fr hungry riders who get out to film "bangers" quick. "i did that banger first try" lets go to another crazy spot... And repeat. 

Beside the performance...where is the soul? 

I like that video but it's frustrating to see how smooth/good Yohan is in some lines, and totally missed some . 

I won't never be able to do this kind of moves anyway .. but it's still my way to think.