26 Trials frames with a disc mount?

jonfon

Hey all, I think I know the answer to this already... but I'd love to have a 26" trials bike, with the more modern geometry, so longer wheelbase and saddle-less, but still has a rear disc mount!

I understand the reason for rim brakes, but in my opinion, I just prefer a disc and I like the way they feel and mostly because they don't make that horrible squeak sound, which I can't live with!! But it seems in order to have a disc, you need to ride a shorter street style bike. 

So, my question is - are there any longer, dedicated trials geometry frames, oldschool or newschool, that have a rear disc mount? 

Cheers

There are some older ones around, but they're sort of unusual to find these days. They've always been uncommon, even when in active production.
Certainly second-hand market now!

Here is a list of frames from memory that meet those requirements, without getting too old-school (because they're more like a street style bike), but I don't know specific geos for them.

Koxx Red Sky Edit: Damn it, Ross!
Meta VTT2 (possibly only certain versions, though?)
Some generations of GU.
I think there might have been a couple of generations of Echo Pure that had one, but not sure on that.

Edited by aener

On 20/03/2020 at 8:33 PM, Sam Song said:

You could always make custom trials frame built with disk mount for not too much money as well.

Errr not something that isn’t made of mild steel and weighs a tonne. Marino springs to mind ( Ross McArthur ? )

8 hours ago, Alex Dark said:

Errr not something that isn’t made of mild steel and weighs a tonne. Marino springs to mind ( Ross McArthur ? )

Haven't actually tried a Marino myself, so I am not sure how they ride. 

Are they no good?

• 3 weeks later...